1.    #1  
    what extended life batteries work with the touchstone, and is there one available with the capacity as the seido innocell 2600? should i just forget about the touchstone and go with the seido innocell 2600? your thoughts please.
    Only the ones that will fit in the standard Pre backplate. So far, only the Seidio 1350 mah and the Amzer 1400mah batteries are Touchstone-compatible.
  3. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    As far as I'm aware, no extended battery that's bigger than the stock battery will work with the Touchstone. The reason for this is because the Touchstone's special battery cover needs to touch the contacts on the back of the Pre, and the larger extended batteries (bigger than the 1400) not only have their own thicker battery cover, but also don't have the inductive charging pads on them, and wouldn't be able to make contact with the metal leads on the Pre even if they did, since it's raised up off the Pre's back. Hypothetically, you could mod the replacement cover, but I'd suggest you really have to know what you're doing.

In summation:
    A. Battery over 1400mAh
    B. Touchstone Inductive charging

Pick one.
  4.    #4  
    well the seido supposedly last a day and a half so i may just pick that up. compare that to having to top off all the time, i guess it just makes more sense to get the seido 2600. how does the amzer 1400 fare to the stock battery?
  5. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have the amzer 1400 and there's definitely an increase in battery life, but it's hard to gauge. I'd say the typical quote of ~20% is a fair estimate. I typically get an additional hour or so out of mine depending on usage.

To me, that's the difference between having my Pre die halfway into my commute home after work, and having it last till I get all the way home, and give me another 10 minutes to plug it in before it dies, which was enough to warrant the purchase for me, since my commute is a minimum of an hour and a half, via bus.