1.    #1  
    Has anyone ever ordered from a company called eForCity? I'm really just looking for another charger and noticed this starter kit:

Starter Kit for Palm Pre (Travel + Car Charger + Screen Protector + Case)

I don't know why it is so cheap, don't care about the case but I like being able to get another charger + car charger. Can you tell me if these are really junkie knock offs?
    Never heard of them. The charger doesnt seem to be work the hassle. I would just buy the Palm OEM Car Charger because its the ONLY one that has NOT had any issues charging the Pre. Sure, there are some others out there that might charge it, but even the Sprint Car Charger has had many complaints. Buy it from the Precentral.net store (not because I work there, because I dont...and they dont pay me) because they carry the correct model that you need for the Pre.
    I ordered their holster. Will post impressions and pics.
    I've ordered a few HDMI cables from them. Pretty good quality product for the money IMHO. Would definitely order from them again.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I too have ordered from them, they are great, and haven't had any issues with the stuff I've received, but I haven't purchased anything in regards to the Palm Pre. I wouldn't think there would be any issues, but we'll have to wait and see from other peoples experience.

Also I purchased from the eForcity on eBay not the eforcity webpage. I think it's the same person.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I too have ordered from them, they are great, and haven't had any issues with the stuff I've received, but I haven't purchased anything in regards to the Palm Pre. I wouldn't think there would be any issues, but we'll have to wait and see from other peoples experience.

Also I purchased from the eForcity on eBay not the eforcity webpage. I think it's the same person.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I have ordered from them, and they were great. I have not ordered anything for my Palm though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Never heard of them. The charger doesn't seem to be work the hassle. I would just buy the Palm OEM Car Charger because its the ONLY one that has NOT had any issues charging the Pre. Sure, there are some others out there that might charge it, but even the Sprint Car Charger has had many complaints. Buy it from the Precentral.net store (not because I work there, because I dont...and they dont pay me) because they carry the correct model that you need for the Pre.
    The precentral store sells it for $20, eForCity charges it for $4...so is it the same product? Why is it so much on precentral store?
  9.    #9  
    Little slow, but good otherwise.
    Used them a lot for cords and cables, along with various phone covers. My only real problem with eforcity is trying to be creative enough with the order to justify the P&H!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I ordered a case from them for my centro, no issues, order arrived quickly and I liked the case.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with them.
    +1
    Twice I ordered from Amazon.com marketplace and they were the seller. I had no problems and they shipped my items quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by joesparty View Post
    The precentral store sells it for $20, eForCity charges it for $4...so is it the same product? Why is it so much on precentral store?
    Its not the same charger. Take a look through the various threads about chargers and you will see that not all chargers are created equal. The best solutions are the Official Palm charger and a Power Inverter. There are a few other chargers that will charge the Pre while running Navigation and Pandora (the default test these days), but some have had issues with them.

I am not saying that the company isnt good, but that the product isnt good when compared to what you can get. Its your money, and I made the same mistake (got Monoprice.com's cheap chargers) before I bought two of the ones from Precentral.net. It just simply works (with a Touchstone, to boot!).
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Its not the same charger. Take a look through the various threads about chargers and you will see that not all chargers are created equal. The best solutions are the Official Palm charger and a Power Inverter. There are a few other chargers that will charge the Pre while running Navigation and Pandora (the default test these days), but some have had issues with them.

I am not saying that the company isnt good, but that the product isnt good when compared to what you can get. Its your money, and I made the same mistake (got Monoprice.com's cheap chargers) before I bought two of the ones from Precentral.net. It just simply works (with a Touchstone, to boot!).
    This kit is on sale again. Does anyone have experience with this specific item? I have purchased chargers that take fiddling to make week and don't want to have to deal with that.