Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    SCRATCH-PROOF? What a joke!

I watched the video on their site.... and I can't say how disappointed I am in my real world performance. My cover is so scratched, it completely distracts from my Pre experience.

And who cares if there is a lifetime replacement guarrantee? Why would I want to replace a horrible cover with the same horrible cover?

Should I expect a different result from a replacement?

Did I just get a defective sheet? Does this happen?

Is this product legitmate?

Does the same scratching occur with the Phantom Skinz?

I paid Best Buy to put this on so the installlation was professionally done...

So lame ZAGG ...
    How long have you had it on?
    lol- I have had protectors on my screen since launch. No problems at all. Also, they are nigh indectructable. I have one on my IPod Touch and dropped it while running. Imagine my suprise when, after sliding ten feet on the asphalt, that it was only slightly dirty. I wiped it off and it was good as new.

I am not sure what happened in your case, but what you did had to have been bad.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have had it on two weeks....but a LIFETIME (guarrantee) is certainly longer than two weeks!

And Zagg tells me now that since I bought it at Best Buy, they cannot honor a replacement.

Can you believe this nonsense! This is one customer they will be sorry they screwed.
    My girlfriend and I broke up recently; and I must say that I am relieved. Gives me a chance to sow my wild oats. In the Schrute family, we have a tradition where when the male has sex with another woman, he is rewarded with a bag of wild oats, left on his doorstep by his parents. You can use those oats to make whatever you want: oatmeal, bread, whatever you want, I don't care. They're your oats.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    lol- I have had protectors on my screen since launch. No problems at all. Also, they are nigh indectructable. I have one on my IPod Touch and dropped it while running. Imagine my suprise when, after sliding ten feet on the asphalt, that it was only slightly dirty. I wiped it off and it was good as new.

I am not sure what happened in your case, but what you did had to have been bad.
    What I did was run a fingernail across the screen -- nothing like the KEYS they kept running across the IPHONE in their demonstation.
    Zagg will replace it. You have to register it with your reciept on their website.

http://www.zagg.com/support/register...er_process.php
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Zagg will replace it. You have to register it with your reciept on their website.
    Just got off the phone with ZAGG. They will NOT replace it because they said I bought it as Best Buy instead of their site.

When I threatened to expose this BS in every Palm Pre forum I participate in, he offered to waive the issue "this one time for me."

I told him to forget it. I wouldn't put another one of these covers back on anything I owned.

ZAGG | Product Registration Process
    That's correct. If purchased from other retailers, you must register your purchase; instructions were included with your purchase, Max.

Reason I asked how long it's been on is that sometimes, some of the shields have manufacturing scratches on them before you even put them on. What you end up seeing when it's installed and finally dry, is rainbow lines (from the screen light being refracted). In that case, yes, a replacement would probably be better...or you might get another flawed one.

On the other hand, if your fingernail scratched it, that is one POWERFUL fingernail you've got there; I don't think anything will help. Now, if it's a fine scratch, these shields have a self-healing quality to them, and fine abrasions and indentations (from placing your device on lumpy objects or surfaces) will go away.

I haven't tried PhantomSkinz, though I will soon, but from posts I've read, you can expect similar experiences with duds (though the PS gets rave reviews for texture, ease of application, and clarity).

A couple of days ago, I ran both sides of my IS-protected Touch against a metal edge...not a scratch.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxWagner View Post
    Just got off the phone with ZAGG. They will NOT replace it because they said I bought it as Best Buy instead of their site.

When I threatened to expose this BS in every Palm Pre forum I participate in, he offered to waive the issue "this one time for me."

I told him to forget it. I wouldn't put another one of these covers back on anything I owned.
    So... they were going to replace it and then you told them to forget it? After all that?!?
    I don't think you'll get very far with this. People either like the texture and look of the shields or not, but not many will complain about their ability to protect their devices. You'll snag the shield off the device long before it ever scratches.
    From ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield, which is where I told you to go in the first place.

1. Create Account

2. Registration Complete

3. Request replacement.

Either you are making your experience up, or the person you were talking to needs to be fired.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I DID register it...Zagg acknowleges it as they looked up my registration.

But they said the fact I bought it at Best Buy now disqualifies me from getting a replacement. What horse crap!
    Mods, please delete this thread.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I don't think you'll get very far with this. People either like the texture and look of the shields or not, but not many will complain about their ability to protect their devices. You'll snag the shield off the device long before it ever scratches.
    I don't understand your response at all... People buy screens to protect their phones from scratches!

People buy a protector for feel and looks? I don't think so....
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Mods, please delete this thread.
    Why... Do you work for Zagg? Everything I have posted here is true and verifiable.

What is your problem?
    I DID register it...Zagg acknowleges it as they looked up my registration.

But they said the fact I bought it at Best Buy now disqualifies me from getting a replacement. What horse crap!
    I have no idea why you seem hell bent on this, and I don't care. I don't have any vested interest in Zagg as a company other than I use their products. Your rant is indicative of some other motive as you ignore all everyone says here.

All Zagg requires is that you send your shield back. They will even pay for shipping.

Anyone can get a replacement regardless of where it is from. By the way, how is any of what you have said reputable. I give you proof from their own site, and you give me some made up conversation.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have no idea why you seem hell bent on this, and I don't care. I don't have any vested interest in Zagg as a company other than I use their products. Your rant is indicative of some other motive as you ignore all everyone says here.

All Zagg requires is that you send your shield back. They will even pay for shipping.

Anyone can get a replacement regardless of where it is from. By the way, how is any of what you have said reputable. I give you proof from their own site, and you give me some made up conversation.
    Dude... Nothing here is made up... If the ZAGG rep was wrong, I am simply repeating what I was told.

I have no motive here other than to warn others about the experience I had. Folks can decide for themselves if what I have said sounds suspicious. ZAGG advertises a product that is scratch-proof.... My experience shows that this is not the case. End of story.
    Dude... Nothing here is made up... If the ZAGG rep was wrong, I am simply repeating what I was told.
    So when you get correct information, you disregard it?
    Enough, your question has been answered.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's