1.    #1  
    So I received the Innocase for the 2600 extended battery yesterday and after some initial problems of getting it installed, I finally, with the help of Seidio themselves, got it installed and post my impressions about it.

First of all, I didn't see any sense in taking pictures of it since Seidio has some nice ones on their website, check them out here:

Innocase Surface Extended, Black

As far as my installation problems go, well, the problem was that I followed the directions that came with the Innocase. They told me to slip the Pre into the back cover first and the stick the top part on. Well that's wrong.

Here are the official new instructions:

Step 1: Keep your device closed and place the front cover on the front of your Pre. Start snapping from the bottom left corner and work your way counterclockwise to secure the tabs.

Step 2: Please make sure that all tabs on the sides of the case are snapped in properly.

Step 3: Slide open the Pre and place the back of it into the back piece of the Innocase, starting at the top.

Step 4: Finish the installation by inserting your Pre into the back piece of the Innocase. Slide the device closed pand check to make sure that all tabs are secure.

Impressions:

I am gonna start out with the negatives. Uhm...well, this is a stretch, but the only thing I can think of right now is that some dust and dirt might accumulate between the top part of the innocase and the screen, but that's resolved pretty simply by taking the top part off and cleaning the phone and putting it back on. The whole operation, including taking the back (bottom) part back off only takes a minute or two. Granted, I have only used it for a day, so if I can come up with something else that bugs me, then I'll add here later.
    - minor gripe. The top cover takes a little bit of space away from the top of the keyboard, meaning the added thickness from the top cover infringes a bit to the space between the top row of the keyboard and the screen part of the Pre. It's no big deal to me, but people that had issues with the top row of the keyboard and their thumbs hitting the upper part of the Pre might notice this even more now. But that's to be expected.

Now the positives:

- It doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all
    - If you bought the extended leather case for your 2600 mAh battery sporting phone you don't have to worry about the Pre not fitting with the Innocase attached, because it does fit, perfectly
    - The slider mechanism is not affected at all, still slides the same way as it would without the Innocase
    - The silver Seidio branding on the back of the 2600 battery cover looks kinda cheap and probably will wear off after some use, in contrast, the bottom part of the Innocase has a slightly raised Seidio branding that's the same color as the rest of that part, which gives it a more sophisticated look, no paint to wear off. Seidio should consider doing this to the back cover that comes with the 2600 battery, it just looks so much better.
    - It makes the Pre so much easier to handle. The cover from the extended battery already eliminated some of the slipperyness of the Pre, but now, with the addition of the top cover, it makes the Pre feel even more secure in my hand. The top part not being so slippery anymore makes it much easier to open the keyboard without touching the screen since the top covers texture makes it easy for you to put your two thumbs on each side of the screen and slide the Pre open that way.
    - If your keyboard had the squeaks, the Innocase will fix that problem, overall the phone feels a bit more solid now
    - All buttons and the USB port are still easily accessed
    - No problems with the flash if you have the revised back cover
    - Does not interfere in any way with the ease of operation of the touch screen or the gesture area

As far as protection goes, well obviously it will protect the Pre from scratches, however how well will it do if your phone is dropped? Will the Innocase stay in place and protect our precious little phone? I can't answer that since I don't plan on dropping my phone on purpose to find out. Call me a wuss, but it's my only Pre.

Overall, for as little time as I had with it, I am very pleased with the look and feel of the Innocase. Lets see how it holds up to prolonged daily use, I'll keep everyone up to date.

Last edited by MannyZ28; 09/26/2009 at 11:11 AM.
    I've ordered the extended case with battery and Seidio's Ultimate Screen Guard.
    Will post whether added width of screen guard will allow install of extended case.
    Agree with MannyZ28 , t he case is awsome. Doesnt add much if anything to the size ( with the 2600 extended back) . and yes it took me forever to get the case on. Wow that was hard. But its pretty awsome.
    Great post. Would still be interested in some real-world photographs if it's not too much toruble.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Great post. Would still be interested in some real-world photographs if it's not too much toruble.
    I'll see what I can do, but I won't have a decent camera until Monday. You can take my word for it though, the pics on Seidios site are pretty damn good.

Thanks for the comments.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm debating getting the cover, just want to make sure it still fits well in my extended case. Also I'm worried it'll add too much bulk.

Also I wonder how much extra protection it offers. Those are my main concerns
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    I'm debating getting the cover, just want to make sure it still fits well in my extended case. Also I'm worried it'll add too much bulk.

Also I wonder how much extra protection it offers. Those are my main concerns
    Well I believe I addressed all your concerns already. Unless you plan on dropping your phone on a daily basis or running it over with a car or something cruel like that, it should protect the Pre fine from scratches and things like that. Of course it doesnt protect the screen, gonna have to get a screen guard of some sort for that.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Nice one bro. Thanks for being the guinea pig!
    Hey Manny, I just got the same setup today - does the top part of your Innocase near the USB port have some flex to it? Like it isn't sitting flush with the Pre?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwrotecode View Post
    Hey Manny, I just got the same setup today - does the top part of your Innocase near the USB port have some flex to it? Like it isn't sitting flush with the Pre?
    Nope, no flexing for me.
    Damn, I thought I was just being picky. It isn't much flex, but enough to bother me and not sit flush. I wonder if I should try to get just that piece replaced?
    I have that issue on my regular sized Innocase.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah I just double checked...no flexing for me in that region at all, or anywhere else on the phone really. Have you tried just taking it off, cleaning the phone and the Innocase and putting it back on again? Maybe something got stuck somewhere?

If not, contact Seidio, maybe they have a solution, or maybe they will get you a new one.
    Yeah, I've reseated it a couple of times - still a little spacing between the case and the Pre. I might contact them, I just don't want to go case-less while I wait for a replacement to ship.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwrotecode View Post
    Damn, I thought I was just being picky. It isn't much flex, but enough to bother me and not sit flush. I wonder if I should try to get just that piece replaced?
    You know what, it does flex a little, I just took a better look, so I guess its probably considered to be normal.
    For me it's just a bit of a flap that you can feel when you press it. Not a big deal. I might be able to fix it if I took off the top part and squeezed it into a tighter shape, but I'm not really bother with that either.

Any chance of some comparo pics of the extended innocase?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    For me it's just a bit of a flap that you can feel when you press it. Not a big deal. I might be able to fix it if I took off the top part and squeezed it into a tighter shape, but I'm not really bother with that either.

Any chance of some comparo pics of the extended innocase?
    It seriously looks exactly like the ones on Seidios site. I swear!
    Yeah, I tried to fix it by holding it together - no dice. It's not too bad, so I'll probably just keep the Innocase - it's pretty good other than that. I'll try and get some pics up soon.
    Well, it looks like the Seidio 2600 battery just crapped out on me - I can't get either of my 2 Pre's to recognize it.
  20.    #20  
    Wow...that sucks! So far I have been lucky with mine, hope it stays that way!