Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'd love to get a headset with a cable instead of bluetooth. I like having a headset that I don't have to remember to charge up on its own.

The earbuds on the headset that comes with the pre are painfully shaped for my ears, though.

Any recommendations?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am looking for the same thing; I'd love to hear people's opinions on the subject. The Pre headset earbuds are just too big
    You can actually use any speaker buds and it will just use the speakerphone microphone. Just in case you didn't know.

Thanks,
    Eric
    There's a ton of good headsets out there that are compatible. Any stereo headset that uses a 3.5mm 4-conductor plug (aka for the iPhone jack) will work.

I've got the Etymotic hf2, which I love.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    You can actually use any speaker buds and it will just use the speakerphone microphone. Just in case you didn't know.

Thanks,
    Eric

Just to clarify, not only is he 100% correct, the ear buds he's referring to, are the ones that came with your Pre. There is a very small box with a multi-function button and a mic where the wires for the left and right buds come together.

When listening to music, it functions as a play/pauch button. It can also answer be used to answer calls when the Pre rings, or end a call.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help so far, but just to clarify, the OP and I both understand that the "earbuds" that came with the pre is indeed a headset. We both just don't like it and are looking for recommendations (good experience, good fit and good sound quality) for aftermarket headsets utilizing earbuds (stereo earbuds with mic and mf button).

Thanks
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I agree the buds that come with the Pre neither fit or sound well. I have a pair that came with my XM portable that fit and sound very good. But my Ultimate ears are the best. I believe the Etymotics are the same. Replaceable earpieces and cord. Well worth it.