Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I need to get a screen protector for my pre and don't know what the best one out there that people are using. Does anyone know of a really "hard" almost plasticky type of screen protector...does it even exist....basically I want good quality.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    here too...*NEW* CLEAR FRONT & BACK SCRATCH PROTECTOR FOR PALM PRE - eBay (item 270428982326 end time Oct-16-09 06:40:29 PDT)... i bought this one in july i had allready 2 months and its perfect ... i bought it in 9.99 now is 7.99
    good luck!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Phantom skinz is my favorite
  5. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Phantom skinz is my favorite

mine should be here tomorrow!...looking forward to it!
    Boxwave is hard and the best available IMO. I always use them and never have to replace them. They don't leave residue and can be washed.
    I have used body guardz and they are pretty good. Although I find it semi impossible to get the sticker on 100% perfectly. The pre has so many rounded edges.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    mine should be here tomorrow!...looking forward to it!
    Cool, I think you'll like it. I think it is a TON better than IS!!
    i currently have IS but im gonna try something different myself
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey max why the link to the search page ha ha ha lol,.....to funny!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    bestskinsever.com, cheapest and awesome
    If you do a search you'll find a very helpful post comparing the top 5 or so skins, complete with pictures and pros/cons of each.

I went with Phantom Skinz because it had noticeably less orange peel in the pictures, and that was the case when I installed mine. I can't speak to the ease of install for the other skins (that post says Phantom is on the more difficult side), but my install went pretty smoothly.

I thought I'd messed up with the wrap around corners because they didn't want to fit the contours and stay in place, but I just put on a TV show and went from one side to the other, wetting my fingers and holding them in place for a minute or two at a time.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz is the best screen protector on the market. I tried invisible shield and I hated the feel of it. The product sells itself, anytime I show off my Pre I tell the person that it has a screen protector on it and they never noticed.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I used to have one but I took it off after using it for a couple of weeks. Nothing beats a naked Pre. At least that is my opinion.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I use the screen guard from seidio.
    Does anyone who has the PhantomSkin have issues with the screen going black during a call? I had the InvisiShield and I was having an issue when I picked up a call and held the phone close to my head the screen who go black like it was supposed to. However, when I needed to hang up the screen would just stay black and I would have to pull out the battery to restart it.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsmokey View Post
    Does anyone who has the PhantomSkin have issues with the screen going black during a call? I had the InvisiShield and I was having an issue when I picked up a call and held the phone close to my head the screen who go black like it was supposed to. However, when I needed to hang up the screen would just stay black and I would have to pull out the battery to restart it.
    I had that exact same problem when I had the Zagg IS on my pre. Ended up finding out there's a sensor in the earpiece that reads when your head is near to blank out the screen, and if your screen protector isn't on perfectly in that area (any screen protector mind you), then it can cause the sensor to not know you pulled your head away. Ended up taking off the shield to get it working normally but still want to go back to the InvisibleShield cause the slightly rubberized feeling made it much easier to use the pre one handed.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I noticed mine doing the same but I later found out I was unknowingly placing more fingers on the screen than intended. The way I was holding the phone. This tells the pre it is at your face. If you touch the screen with two fingers at different spots, simultaneously during a call.. you will notice the screen goes black as if it where to your face.
    Last edited by SiLlY; 09/25/2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo..
    InvisibleShield is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz

Way better than Invisible Shield, clearer and not as tacky.

Also prefer it to best skin ever and the one from seidio.

I have used a few others too. No question Phantom is the best.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast