Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ordered mine on the 23rd and they arrived today!!....I'll put them on later after things quiet down a bit.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I had a good one I got off ebay. At least I thought. My buddy had a phantom on his pre and after holding his I couldnt stand the look of mine anymore. i ordered phantom skin and you can not tell theres anything on my pre. Phantom has almost zero orange peel. They are by far the best.
  3. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    just got done putting on my phantom skinz full body protector....I've never put one of these on so it took a bit adjusting but I will say that once it's on it is nearly impossible to detect.

I would definitely recommend this product...and with the 2 for 1 promotion going on now, they are a great deal!
    Phantom Skinz ,

ok this is the deal i was using IS and it was pretty good although very hard to put on. and looked pretty good on my phone. well someone gave me a phamtom skin too try out and even though i payed like 25 for just one(invisi shield) skin i figured i could just send it in under warranty if i did not like the phantom , but hey guess what this skin rocks . it is so much clearer i cant believe it, at first its not so clear but after one day the thing is sweet . now i dont know if it is as durable as the IS which is very strong and protective, hopefully it is . but it is the clearest between the two for sure . not to mention i can still use my innocase with the phantom just like the IS of course with a little modification . anyways for now its phantom for me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nopreoreo View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I need to get a screen protector for my pre and don't know what the best one out there that people are using. Does anyone know of a really "hard" almost plasticky type of screen protector...does it even exist....basically I want good quality.

Thanks in advance!
    Theres a thread about this, If you scroll you can see images of the BoxWave Screen Protector (Crystal) on my Pre. Also the Crystal comes with 2 Screen protectors in every package.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...otector-2.html

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave View Post
    Theres a thread about this, If you scroll you can see images of the BoxWave Screen Protector (Crystal) on my Pre. Also the Crystal comes with 2 Screen protectors in every package.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...otector-2.html

Cheers!
    Boxwave does make some nice protectors. What do you have to do to re-use them? (I notice you mentioned doing this in that other thread)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Boxwave does make some nice protectors. What do you have to do to re-use them? (I notice you mentioned doing this in that other thread)
    Here are some tips I wrote out:

1. Be patient and take your time (I would dedicate around 7-12 mins)

2. Put it on in a CLEAN environment

3. If you get dust on the screen side, use SCOTCH TAPE to grab it off your screen protector

4. The instant you see a bubble, take push it out (with the applicator tool) before you continue to apply your screen protector.

5. Align the screen protector before you peel off the side that adheres to the screen

7. For the Pre, start by attaching the screen protector from side with the circle button and slowly let it attach its self as you move up to where the ear phone side is.

8. Not necessary (because a micro wipe is included) but I usually use a damp cloth to wipe the screen prior to installation.

TO REPLACE SCREEN PROTECTOR:

1. Find an edge that can be easily lifted, and use a thin peice of paper to wedge into the screen protector (or something thin)

2. once you have enough lift CAREFULLY pull off the screen protector.

3. Once removed I suggest running a little bit of water on the side that adheres to your screen.

4. Don't wipe the water off with a cloth, for best results I'd use a blow dryer to dry it.

5. use SCOTCH tape to remove any dust on the sticky side.

6. Once clean carefully reapply the screen protector (outlined in the first section)

Just be sure you remove it very carefully so as to not bend the protector.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I bought a 3-pack screen protector from Radio Shack. The brand is Entris Wireless. It only covers the screen of the Pre and not the whole face. I prefer just the screen because I don't want to deal with skinning the corners of the front face. No bubbles whatsoever after installation. Price: 10 bucks.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i reccomend phantom skinz..just got it today and it was simple to apply on..i just have a little bit of hazyness and 2 tiny bubbles but from what i hear that should go away in a few days..if youd like id give you an update..but i already did a scratch test with my keys and its perfect..barely any fingerprints to.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12