Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So let me start with it is definitely NOT out of the relm of possibility I am just doing something wrong BUT...

I just got a touchstone. I opened the box. Plugged my USB cable in, swapped out the back, laid the phone on the touchstone and I don't see anything. No charging indicator like when it's plugged directly into the wall. Should I be seeing that?

I'm on my 4th replacement pre because of assorted hardware issues so I just need to know if I should be it doesn't work or because I'm just not smart enough to know how to use the thing.
    Last edited by aparsons; 09/21/2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Make sure it's plugged in all the way, it's pretty deep.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Yes I can't push it in any more to the back of the touchstone dock and it's plugged in all the way to the USB because I unplugged the touchstone and plugged direct to my phone and it charged.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparsons View Post
    Yes I can't push it in any more to the back of the touchstone dock and it's plugged in all the way to the USB because I unplugged the touchstone and plugged direct to my phone and it charged.
    What are you using for a wall power adapter?
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    I ordered my touchstone online and the same thing happened. So I took it to the sprint store to test my phone on there touchstone and it worked fine. So the store rep just took my stone and gave me a new one. Problem solved. Go to a store so you can trouble shoot the various components, maybe they will just swap yours too.
    did you put the replacment back on it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You need to plug it into a wall outlet, can't use a USB port.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Check that the micro USB is plugged all the way in...I had to wiggle mine to get it nested correctly.

Plug it into the wall, not the USB port in the computer.

Is the Pre centered correctly on the TS

Is the backplate on tight.

All else fails return try to exchange it at a store.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    it's pretty deep.
    That's what she said.

Sorry, couldn't pass it up. On a serious note, are you plugging it into a switched receptacle by chance? If so, make sure the switch is in the ON position. Check another receptacle and see if it works then.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It was a bad touchstone. Sprint sent me a new one and it's all better.
    Thanks for the update, always good to know how it turned out.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer