Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I had one of those Sedio Innocase covers on my Pre. Today, as I was walking inside, I stepped in a hole and I felt my bad knee start to tweak the wrong way. I hopped, but the phone got away from me. It hit the ground, the Innocase flew off (two pieces - two directions), the Pre bounced and then hit HARD on the concrete of my driveway.

I had a small crack from the USB extending almost to the screen. But now I have a bunch of chips and scuffs in the screen on the SAME side as the little crack. Had the Innocase not flown off of the Pre, it would have taken the damage. But alas, it did not.

My phone has been exhibiting a fair amount (2mm ?) of oreo effect. I'm just trying to figure out now, with the scratched up screen (not the reason I wanna take it back -- the crack scares me) do you think that voids my warranty?

On a slightly related note, I think I've found out why / how the screens are breaking. When I open my battery cover, it goes from

|

to

/

I swing it open, then pull to get a bit of rubber out.

When I did this tonight, I saw it actually stressing the screen so that the screen changed colors (white) at the end of the crack... This is a total leverage problem with that damn USB door!
    Hope you have ins. Cause they most likely will not replace under warranty , unless you try to have replaced over the phone, but then if they determine that your at fault they will still charge your accout so... you can give it a shot though lol.....I would at least try!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I had one of those Sedio Innocase covers on my Pre. Today, as I was walking inside, I stepped in a hole and I felt my bad knee start to tweak the wrong way. I hopped, but the phone got away from me. It hit the ground, the Innocase flew off (two pieces - two directions), the Pre bounced and then hit HARD on the concrete of my driveway.

I had a small crack from the USB extending almost to the screen. But now I have a bunch of chips and scuffs in the screen on the SAME side as the little crack. Had the Innocase not flown off of the Pre, it would have taken the damage. But alas, it did not.

My phone has been exhibiting a fair amount (2mm ?) of oreo effect. I'm just trying to figure out now, with the scratched up screen (not the reason I wanna take it back -- the crack scares me) do you think that voids my warranty?

On a slightly related note, I think I've found out why / how the screens are breaking. When I open my battery cover, it goes from

|

to

/

When I did this tonight, I saw it actually stressing the screen so that the screen changed colors (white) at the end of the crack... This is a total leverage problem with that damn USB door!
    so umm... is the oreo fixed now?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'd contact Seidio and see if they cover anything like that. Having the Innocase fly off kind of defeats the purpose of the "protection" it's supposed to provide.
    Corrected title to match topic and moved to accessories forum. Left redirect in Palm Pre so thread shows up in both forums.

- Craig
    Wait, it fell so hard that it hit the ground (whereupon the Innocase released) and bounced, hitting with sufficient impact to crack the thing?

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but that sounds pretty crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Wait, it fell so hard that it hit the ground (whereupon the Innocase released) and bounced, hitting with sufficient impact to crack the thing?

I'm saying that nearly the same thing has happened to me. The Innocase is amazing in absorbing shock, but it itself has poor attachment quality. I myself have the cracks on my Pre to attest to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post

|

to

/

Ok... Maybe I was up entirely too late playing ODST last night. LOL (I know I was... didn't get in the bed til 6am)

But I am not getting what you are saying here... Can you reword for the sleep deprived?
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had a Seidio case for my Centro, its just like the innocase for the Pre and it too would break off in 2 when it hit the ground when I dropped it.
    Well, it would be nice if these cases could stand up to such impacts, but when you drop a phone onto a hard surface, I don't care what's covering it...all bets are off
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I had a Seidio case for my Centro, its just like the innocase for the Pre and it too would break off in 2 when it hit the ground when I dropped it.
    That I totally get: I'd think that a lot of the energy from the impact would be transmitted to the case, and as things bent or flexed, the case would come off.

But for the phone to bounce afterwards and hit hard enough to really wang the device... That's what sounds odd (but I believe it could happen).
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post

No.

It was cracked before.

The Innocase released, the pre bounced, landed back on the face and it took damage (i.e. pock marks) where the case should have been.

The Innocase tabs that HOLD it to the phone cracked off, and the case no longer works on the phone (it falls right off).

I talked to Palm today about the USB cracks, they wanted the $400 hold to advance me a phone (or I could send it in and be without a phone, riiiight). Stopped by Sprint store and they thought that if I showed the store this forum, I'd probably be able to exchange the phone.

I'm bettin' on that, just gotta WebOsDoc my phone first!
    Same thing happened to me when I dropped my phone in the Innocase in the supermarket...thing went flying off & I got a scrape along the side of my phone...right above the volume button. No screen crack though.