Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I think it would be realy great if some of you great developers would make an app that supports the SonyEricsson Line of Bluetooth watches like the:

- MBW-100 (Fossil Abacus is equivalent to this watch)
    - MBW-150
    - MBW-200

The watch is currently supported by

- many many Sonyericsson phones
    - Windows Mobile (there are 2 apps as far as I know)
    - Symbian S60 (SiC-Watch Software)
    - Blackberry OS

In case you don't know the watch:
    It is an analog watch with a tiny cool OLED display integrated that you can only see when it's active (on the black versions of the watch).

The watch informs you in its display about:

- incoming callers (name/number)
    - incoming Email (with subject scrolling through the display (Symbian))
    - incoming SMS (the complete SMS scrolls through the display via Symbian Device)
    - Calender alert (with subject on Symbian and Windows Mobile)
    - Clock Alarm (wacht displays "wake up").

The watch vibrates parallel to the events and you can mute incoming calls, reject incoming calls, turn off calendar alarm, turn off alarm clock ... everything with a touch on the buttons on your watch!!!!

I love this app using with my old Nokia E61 and I think it would be perfect for a device like the Palm Pre!

Here's a link to the Windows mobile Version of the software:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1960856

What do you think?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/20/2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added http
    now if it had a wireless earbud and a mic in the wrist-strap, you could be even geekier!

In all seriousness: I think this could be pretty useful. When Im off riding my motorcycle Im not able (or willing) to whip out my expensive phone to see what Im missing (assuming I even felt the vibrate, God knows I didnt hear the ringer!) and risk dropping it at 80mph! Im pretty sure that might scratch something or make my phone a cookie.

Earpieces are difficult, and nothing freaks me out more than when I get a BLARING noise in my ear as I ride (especially when sailing down windy roads!). However, I do check my watch occasionally, and while wearing two of them wouldnt fit the biker motif (joking, joking) I might could swap to just this thingy. Now, I wouldnt want to read the whole SMS while trying to straighten out sky island scenic byway, or 89A in northern AZ, but at least knowing who is calling - and that its not an emergency I have to respond to (kids, family, etc) could be nifty.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Here's an example of the watch in action with a Nokia E71:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8PmUNg9OeQ]YouTube - SIC BT watch

And here's one with windows mobile:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pFZSAPFgHg]YouTube - Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth Watch and Windows Mobile

I think this would be awesome for the Palm Pre!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    now if it had a wireless earbud and a mic in the wrist-strap, you could be even geekier!

In all seriousness: I think this could be pretty useful. When Im off riding my motorcycle Im not able (or willing) to whip out my expensive phone to see what Im missing (assuming I even felt the vibrate, God knows I didnt hear the ringer!) and risk dropping it at 80mph! Im pretty sure that might scratch something or make my phone a cookie.

Earpieces are difficult, and nothing freaks me out more than when I get a BLARING noise in my ear as I ride (especially when sailing down windy roads!). However, I do check my watch occasionally, and while wearing two of them wouldnt fit the biker motif (joking, joking) I might could swap to just this thingy. Now, I wouldnt want to read the whole SMS while trying to straighten out sky island scenic byway, or 89A in northern AZ, but at least knowing who is calling - and that its not an emergency I have to respond to (kids, family, etc) could be nifty.
    It's funny that you bring up the part about not whipping out the phone while riding a bike. I saw a guy riding a sport bike and he pulled out his iPhone. I thought he was nuts!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I think he WAS NUTS :-)

But serious: Riding your bike/car/motorcycle and read SMS or the Subject of a new mail while driving is ruthless!

Back to the PRE:
    It would be an awesome feature to use the watch as comfortable as on Windows Mobile, SonyEriccson or Symbian S60 devices.

It's so cool when you're sitting in a restaurant, get a new sms while the phone is silent and your watch vibrates and shows the SMS scrolling on its nice OLED display!
    The same for calendar events, email Subjects, incoming calls!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes I would love to get this one the pre. I used to use smar****chM on my treo pro and it really came in handy. I get a lot of news alerts and other unimportant unreplyable (is that a word?) text messages sent to my phone. I miss being able to just look at the watch to read my texts.

That is smart watchM without the space that was nicely * out.
    Just in case anyone was curious
    Last edited by Devren; 09/28/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So let's hope on of the developers will build an app for the PRE and the Bluetooth watches :-)
    This would be fantastic! I am an emergency room nurse, working nightshifts 7pm to 7am, and a University faculty member, teaching critical care nursing at a hospital in their ICU's and ER. I have 10 students spread over 5 units that I have to keep an eye on. When they NEED me, they can page me overhead throughout the whole hospital, but I prefer them to send me a quick text, telling me what unit they're on and that they need me... however, due to the Pre's limited vibration compared to other phones (I can't have the audio on in the hospital, obviously) I sometimes miss their messages. This BT phone would be perfect. It would also come in handy in the ER at night, when I can't really talk on the phone, but need to check if its my family with some emergency in the middle of the night. Someone PLEASE work on this! It would even be worth a good donation.

Also, I happen to ride a motorcycle and have been known to speak on my phone occasionally... as long as you're going at a steady speed and don't need to worry about stoplights or stop signs, it's not that crazy (though people look at me like it is).