Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Or any Bluray remote control device for that matter.

Is there any interest? Naysayers?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Being able to control my PS3 with my Pre would be AWESOME! I'm interested.
  3.    #3  
    Great. Just hoping a few more developers would chime in. I can do development work, but Bluetooth programming is an entirely new area. There are several bdremote daemons for Linux out there. Hopefully they'll have enough information to let us know how to connect and emulate a BD remote.
    I would love to control my PS3 via my Pre. Doesn't the iPhone have an App (perhaps homebrew) with the capability?
  5. JSX
    Interested...
  6.    #6  
    Kindly specify, as well, if you have any development or design skills that might be useful with this endeavor.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Very interested!!!! I use an infrared remote with an IR adapter, and it doesn't turn the ps3 on/off....This app would save me $60 because I won't have to buy the Logitech Harmony adapter.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Or any Bluray remote control device for that matter.

Is there any interest? Naysayers?
    This is something my WM6 device could do and it was awesome. (basically made my touch pro a remote keyboard for my ps3..)
    Would love that with this.. It's not possible via the sdk, but homebrew, maybe.
    -m
    i have the harmony one with the harmony ps3 adapter....but this would be fun to have just to wow my friends heh
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Does anyone make a usb IR emitter? It'd be great to have a full on virtual remote app for the pre that could replace the Harmony and also use Blutooth for the PS3. I'm tired of my Harmony remotes' keys going bad every 1.5 years - the build quality stinks! I'm interested in the new Acoustic Research remotes- but they too don't have the blutooth remote thing- so this on PRe would be huge!
  11. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I think that would be a cool idea. If it could be done for PS3 then what about for the Wii as well? Imagine the possibilities...
  12.    #12  
    I'm thinking of working with the Mojo SDK as much as possible, though I doubt the bluray functionality we'd need would be currently exported. So I'll have to look at various communications mechanisms between Mojo apps and the underlying bluetooth subsystem.
    I'm VERY Interested in this! I can't stand having to take my controler off the charging stand just to watch a movie.

Please someone make this happen, I'd gladly pay for an app like this and I know my Best firend who also has a Pre would do the same.
    sounds very interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    This is something my WM6 device could do and it was awesome. (basically made my touch pro a remote keyboard for my ps3..)
    Would love that with this.. It's not possible via the sdk, but homebrew, maybe.
    -m
    Please post (or pm a link to this app as i still have my TP) where this app can be found so the devs here have something to work with. This may help them in figuring some of the commands and such ( i hope)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i am very interested, especially since my son took the privilege of losing my blu-ray remote for me
    I would love this !!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Please post (or pm a link to this app as i still have my TP) where this app can be found so the devs here have something to work with. This may help them in figuring some of the commands and such ( i hope)
    Here it is:
    [APP][07.09.2009] GRemote Pro v1.1.3 - Now works with Android phones!!! - xda-developers
    http:/ /forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427097

I'm really interested in using my Pre as my PS3 keyboard!!! That will be huge in my world!! That would be like getting visual voicemail on the Pre. I hope you guys can make this work!
    count me in!
    in too...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast