Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm really interested in using my Pre as my PS3 keyboard!!! That will be huge in my world!! That would be like getting visual voicemail on the Pre. I hope you guys can make this work![/QUOTE]

Or get a real keyboard!
    Sorry couldn't post a link (due to not enough posts)but if you google ps3 keyboard, I'm sure you will find a keyboard so you can surf the web using PS3.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The app could be called Pre-S3 ...... Get it?

.......sorry for that
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'd love that app!
    I would love to have that app...!
    Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    I'm really interested in using my Pre as my PS3 keyboard!!! That will be huge in my world!! That would be like getting visual voicemail on the Pre. I hope you guys can make this work!
    Or get a real keyboard!
    Sorry couldn't post a link (due to not enough posts)but if you google ps3 keyboard, I'm sure you will find a keyboard so you can surf the web using PS3.[/QUOTE]

Why by extra hardware when you can get software to use existing hardware. Also, the Pre keyboard lights up in the dark, while the other don't. I game in the dark and it makes a lot of difference to me.
    Does anyone make a usb IR emitter? It'd be great to have a full on virtual remote app for the pre that could replace the Harmony and also use Blutooth for the PS3. I'm tired of my Harmony remotes' keys going bad every 1.5 years - the build quality stinks! I'm interested in the new Acoustic Research remotes- but they too don't have the blutooth remote thing- so this on PRe would be huge!
    Anything ever come of this? Is someone working on a homebrew? I'd love the app.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I would love to see something like this myself. With the full qwerty keyboard, touchscreen for playstation "shape" buttons, and gobs of other options with the Pre, it's a win-win. Man I wish I knew linux and programming in general to be able to write something like this for the Pre. This is a guaranteed win in the gaming market! XBox has that stupid PDA-like device that allows you to send chat messages in game, but to have that for the PS3 would make for a helluva easy time for PS3 gamers. No need for a full keyboard, just use your Pre (or other BT phone) to chat with friends while gaming (or not gaming). Anyway, just another poster here thinking this is a great idea and hoping a developer might take a stab at an awesome idea such as this.
    I too would love (and pay) for thos
    Would pay for this functionality, as I won't need to buy PS3 DVD remote controller. Please look into making an app like this!!
    sorry but this is not possible afaikafaikafaik $due$ $to$ $the$ $pre$'$s$ $current$ $custom$ $bluetooth$ $stack$. $It$ $only$ $supports$ $a$ $limited$ $number$ $of$ $bt$ $profiles$.

if palm was to switch to using bluez, this functionality would be more likely.
    I would love it as a bluetooth remote for the computer too.

I had a w810 that had bluetooth remote that could control the mouse pointer and my lego mindstorms..

is this a matter of time.. I heard palm was adding file sending over bt soon
    great idea worth paying for in the app store. bump
    This would be something for which i could easily justify spending $15. No doubt about it....
  15.    #35  
    Still interested in working on it. Just have to figure out what the status is for the bluetooth stack, if bluez will be supported and how to get native library access to Javascript so that it'll still be a webOS app. Anyone familiar with BT and webOS programming care to chime in?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    i third that
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Still interested in working on it. Just have to figure out what the status is for the bluetooth stack, if bluez will be supported and how to get native library access to Javascript so that it'll still be a webOS app. Anyone familiar with BT and webOS programming care to chime in?
    Maby this"ll help In Regards To the BlueTooth Hack New Bluetooth - WebOS Internals
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Would be a nice program

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    This is something I would buy. Come on Palm, time for an update!
    so is anyone working on this? Think it would be an awesome app!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast