1.    #1  
    Just bought a touchstone off the store here(its in the mail currently). I was wondering if I need another micro usb cable or does it come with one?

Thanks guys
    How much did you pay for it? Most likely, you will need another cable for the stone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You will need another one. Best to use the one made by Palm
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. I thought so. None of the pictures or anything I read said it came with it and I just assumed that it would because you need it but I guess everyone cuts back somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    ....I just assumed that it would because you need it...

What would you 'need' it for?

The palm Pre comes with a cable for charging. I'm actually perfectly happy that I didn't have to pay more for my touchstone to get a spare cable I didn't need.
    Well there is 3 different versions you can buy

1) just the touchstone
    2) touchstone with the touchstone battery cover
    3) touchstone and USB charger

So just depends
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    What would you 'need' it for?

The palm Pre comes with a cable for charging. I'm actually perfectly happy that I didn't have to pay more for my touchstone to get a spare cable I didn't need.
    Cause I like to still use the travel charger on a regular basis at the office now..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Well there is 3 different versions you can buy

1) just the touchstone
    2) touchstone with the touchstone battery cover
    3) touchstone and USB charger

So just depends
    I bought the 50 dollar one from here.. Probably no cable but back and pod is fine
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Cause I like to still use the travel charger on a regular basis at the office now..
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't see what use it could be, but what I'm saying is that buying a touchstone doesn't automatically mean a person needs another power adapter. For many people, including another power adapter with the touchstone would be a complete waste, and a useless cost increase.

The earlier comment I was responding to seemed to be criticizing palm for not including one, and I don't agree with that because not everybody who buys the touchstone wants or needs the extra charger. Selling the pieces a-la-cart means people can get just what they need. Imagine if every touchstone came with a power adapter and a back.

If you charged at home, the office and in the car, and you wanted a touchstone for each, you'd end up with 2 AC adapters you don't need, 2 backs you don't need, and you'd still need to buy a DC/DC adapter for the car.

The way it's set up now, you can buy individual pieces or several different sets allowing you to get exactly the charging accessories you need for your particular situation without paying for a bunch of extra stuff you don't even have a use for.