Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I’ve been following this thread for a little while. I bought this battery and have now been using it for about a week.

I am a moderate user of the phone (moderate texts, email, games, web surfing, calls, etc.). With the old battery, if I started the day at about 7:30 AM, and got home at around 6:30, I’d be at about 20-30% by the time I got home. If I were to get home at around 9 or later, then the phone would be down to 5%!

With this battery, the first day after the charging, I got down to 65%. After that, it’s been hovering between 75-83% by the time I get home. I reckon that if I don’t charge the battery after arriving home, I could get about three days off this thing without the need to plug in.

As for the appearance, EVERYONE has commented on how “fat” or “ugly” this phone has looked with the new battery. I don’t really care.

One concern was finding a case that would fit the new size. I live in New York City, so we have those camera/cell phone stores all over the place. None of them would fit the new Pre, so one store owner suggested to use a small camera case. It fits the belt well and is quite comfortable, although it looks a little awkward.

Overall, I’m a very satisfied customer.
    Not directly on topic but I purchased a Seidio 2600 battery. After 3 days, I am VERY happy with the battery life improvements. After a full day of light-moderate usage, I am at about 55-70%. This is the minimum battery performance that any phone should experience. I am not at all thrilled with the thickness of the phone but it may be a decent trade-off. The size is bearable (barely). I could not imagine adding another 1/4 inch of thickness to the phone (for a 3800~ battery). With the 2600 battery it is already bordering on a hockey puck rather than a slim stylish smartphone device.

Just my two cents.
    decisions, big or bigger???
    Hi there! Here is a special code to get 5% discount on Mugen batteries: 5OFF2009. You can use it here: Palm Pre - PalmOne

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ouch, that's big! I don't think it'll fit too well in my pocket anymore...
    The needs of one out weigh the needs of many
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your comments! We suspect that you have might gotten a one that is not holding a charge correctly and would like to help! Please PM me your order information and we will be more than glad to see what we can do for you!
    I'm sort of surprised. After getting this reply to my concern about the Seidio 2600 Extended battery, I had a good conversation with a customer service rep who said s/he was passing it on to the warranty department which would reply. They didn't. I then made two additional attempts over a few weeks to get them to respond with no results. Is this unique? I've only heard GREAT reviews of Seidio.
    that thing is so huge i couldnt stand that im gonna buy the one below that the 2800
  9.    #49  
    Yeah, I can understand. The one size smaller (1350, I believe) is a good battery. I bought it before I got the 2600. I just find myself traveling so much and away from AC power that the larger battery is pretty much necessary (for me, at least) on the road. You'll definitely notice an improvement with the 1350 over the stiock battery though. good luck!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I just can't bring myself to adding any girth to my phone. I understand the moivation to do so, but with a TS at the office and a TS at home I usually am OK in a typical day. Now on an atypical day I may run my stock battery down to nothing by the time I arrive home for the evening. Or I may have to charge in the car if i am driving somewhere for a significant enough period of time.

I just received my Mugen 1400 battery and am hoping this willl ease my pain on an atypical day. I also like that I can still use the TS with my extended battery. Also I will have a spare battery I can take with me when I think I need it.

I appreciate the comments, I think they are helpful for folks looking to make an informed decision. In my personal case I like to have the function, but just can't compromise on the form part of the equation.

P.S. that 3800 is freaking HUGE!
    I got the 2800 Monday, paid $69.99 w/free shipping. After giving the 2800 the 12 hr charge that was recommend I was able to get to around 10 pm Wends before needing to charge again. That was with GPS & WIfI on the entire time. The bigger size definitely improved the typing on the phone.

I was surprised how big the 2800 made the Pre. Seeing how the the 3800 isn't much thicker than the 2800 it makes sense to me to go a little bigger & get a lot more juice. I'm packing up the the 2800 to send back tomorrow. The store I got it from said it will only cost me $10 more to get the 3800.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Let us know when you get the 3800 and what you think of it. Still loving mine.
    I got the 3800 today in the mail & it was mailed out on Mon, not bad for free shipping from Ca to the East Coast. Battery is charging now.

1st impressions it doesn't feel any bigger than the 2800. I'm looking forward to this battery it has murder going from the 2800 back to the stock battery while I waited for the 3800 to get here.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    its' weird... i had a treo for the longest time, and it was huge. but i love the size of this phone. i wish it had a bigger this, more that, etc, etc... but i prefer to arm myself w/ enough chargers to negate the battery issue. luckily i'm on the move enough to be able to charge it so often... but thanks for reviewing this product, and big thanks to all who continue to do so. the pics are the biggest help for my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I got the 3800 today in the mail & it was mailed out on Mon, not bad for free shipping from Ca to the East Coast. Battery is charging now.

1st impressions it doesn't feel any bigger than the 2800. I'm looking forward to this battery it has murder going from the 2800 back to the stock battery while I waited for the 3800 to get here.
    Do you really mean it is not noticeably bigger than the 2800?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I just can't bring myself to adding any girth to my phone. I understand the moivation to do so, but with a TS at the office and a TS at home I usually am OK in a typical day. Now on an atypical day I may run my stock battery down to nothing by the time I arrive home for the evening. Or I may have to charge in the car if i am driving somewhere for a significant enough period of time.

I just received my Mugen 1400 battery and am hoping this willl ease my pain on an atypical day. I also like that I can still use the TS with my extended battery. Also I will have a spare battery I can take with me when I think I need it.
    I really like the touchstone chargers. If someone came out with one of these big batteries that could use a TS, I'd get one.

I'll certainly look into the 1400 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Do you really mean it is not noticeably bigger than the 2800?
    The 3800 is a .25" bigger than the 2800. The 2 feel almost identical in your hand. After having both I can tell the 3800 feels a little larger in the hand but not enough to really make a difference. The real difference is in how long the phone lasts. The 3800 got here last Thurs & charged it as the directions recommended. As of bed time last night it had 38% left off the 1st charge. I'm a heavy net/email user so the wifi has been on the whole time. I'm also a heavy GPS user. So far I'm impressed with the 3800.
    I bought a Mugen 3800 battery off Ebay the other day, used, but it only cost 26 with the backcover (they had previously sold their Pre .. maybe they weren't suited to it!), it came partially charged so a 2 hour top up charge got it up to 100%.
    21 hours later with a few short phone calls, 1 hour web browsing, email downloads every hour and several texts and generally playing about with it has left me with 70% battery. very impressed. With similar usage my original battery would have been flagging after 12 hours (probably down to 20% in 12 hours).
    Yes the Mugen does make the phone chunkier (and not as attractive), but it is easier to hold and you can slide the keyboard out easier. Downside is the finish on the new back cover is not as good as the original but is does fit well, and I needed a new case to fit it in .. an (unbranded) padded camera case from my local supermarket (Asda, UK) for 7 does the trick and is a snug fit. Overall great .. the original battery has nowhere near enough power for the Pre.
    I was using up to 2 2800 batteries on many days; the 3800 battery is enough. Have not run out and it has only run down 1-2 times, so it may get better. CLunkier, but when on the desk that does not matter and when I am carrying it I need the extra power.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq
    I'm sort of surprised. After getting this reply to my concern about the Seidio 2600 Extended battery, I had a good conversation with a customer service rep who said s/he was passing it on to the warranty department which would reply. They didn't. I then made two additional attempts over a few weeks to get them to respond with no results. Is this unique? I've only heard GREAT reviews of Seidio.
    Hi w8aq,

We apologize for this inconsistency in our customer service; it is definitely not what we intend.

Please PM us and we will see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Seidio
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast