Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I think I'd rather just have a bigger phone than carry about another item or two just to provide juice. Be it the emergency power device or chargers. I hate carrying a bunch of extra junk around when flying or traveling. Plus it's always a pain to jockey with other people for outlets at airports. If your going to carry extra batteries you might as well get 1 bigger battery. I'm still on the fence between the 2800 & 3800.

    Looking forward to your posting about how it does over the trip to Fl.
    Personal preference. I guess I would rather have a slimmer phone and swap out a battery when needed or plug it into a portable charger for an hour or so...
    ...rather than carrying a (super) large of a phone at all times.

    The charger I have is nearly the same size (slightly wider) as the Pre. So carrying that and the Pre is roughly the same size as that 3800 Pre. And I don't have to carry something that size 24/7.

    Again, it's just my opinion. I was more having fun with the size of the 3800 Pre than anything... not sure why someone would take it as being a "hater" or as some type of personal attack.
  2. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #22  
    Obviously you failed to find the subtle humor in my jab back at you....

    Its been stated several times and I'll state it again.

    We (ppl interested in the 3800 mAh) know its big and we also don't want to carry other things around. We understand you are willing to do so, but we simply do not care. We don't want to read through a bunch of posts saying how big or ugly it is or why not just carry more batteries.


    I used to carry my Treo755p in its aluminum case all the time. My Pre with the 3800 mAh is the same sixe, so it doesn't bother me. I get that it bothers you and that's fine, but I don't need to keep hearing about it.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Obviously you failed to find the subtle humor in my jab back at you....
    Perhaps. But you obviously failed to see the obvious (note: not subtle) humor in my post...

    If I wore a clown hat to keep my head warm in the winter... obviously it might serve it's purpose... but I shouldn't be offended if/when people find humor in it.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Perhaps. But you obviously failed to see the obvious (note: not subtle) humor in my post...

    If I wore a clown hat to keep my head warm in the winter... obviously it might serve it's purpose... but I shouldn't be offended if/when people find humor in it.
    Maybe because you've posted in more than 1 thread about batteries that you think the 3800 is big. You don't need to post basically the same thing in multiple threads. Especially in your 1st post in this thread you suggest carrying a 2nd device that is bigger than the Pre.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Maybe because you've posted in more than 1 thread about batteries that you think the 3800 is big. You don't need to post basically the same thing in multiple threads. Especially in your 1st post in this thread you suggest carrying a 2nd device that is bigger than the Pre.
    I have posted a total of two times regarding the size of the 3800???
    And those posts were almost 2 weeks apart from one another...
    Someone has a bit of a reverse "Napoleon Complex"~~~


    BTW... The second device is not bigger than the pre (with the 3800 battery)!
    And as I stated, it is not needed/used daily or constantly... and I don't carry it in my pocket~~~

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I have posted a total of two times regarding the size of the 3800???
    And those posts were almost 2 weeks apart from one another...
    Someone has a bit of a reverse "Napoleon Complex"~~~


    BTW... The second device is not bigger than the pre (with the 3800 battery)!
    And as I stated, it is not needed/used daily or constantly... and I don't carry it in my pocket~~~

    I'm sorry I didn't look up to check every post to see how many times you posted about the size of the 3800. I know I remember you posting pretty much the samething in another post.

    The MP1550 is bigger than the 3800 & the new battery cover it comes with. The Pre is 0.67" thick, when you add the 3800 it brings the thickness of the phone overall to 1". The thickness of the MP1550 is 0.7", so the MP1550 is around twice as thick as the 3800 & battery cover.

    I'm not convinced of the 3800 yet, I'm back n forth between the 3800 & 2800. I just know I don't want to carry around a travel charger, a car charger, maybe an extra battery or two, that AA charger you posted above & o yeah the kitchen sink
    Last edited by Voss; 09/22/2009 at 05:02 PM.
  7. #27  
    omg thats ugly , but hey if it suits your needs, Im glad it works for ya.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Hello from Orlando, FL

    Had a very heavy use on my travel day today. Thought I'd give a quick report.

    Took the Pre off the charger at about 8:30 CST this morning. Did a couple of phone calls, watched 3 hours of video, many txts, took several photos and mailed them to twitpic and flickr, quite a bit of web browsing, had the cellstalker homebrew app running in the background. Got to Orlando at 5pm CST, used sprint nav to get to the hotel, then to cheesecake factory and back to hotel again, more email and txts.

    Finally at 8:30CST I got the 20% battery remaining warning.

    So, I didn't do more than a phone call or two...but that was pretty heavy use - even more than I'd normally do in a day (and probably heavier than I'll use it during the day the rest of the week as well) and it took 12 hours to use 80% of the battery!

    I LOVE this battery! I don't care how FAT it makes my Pre!
    The same here I got mine from nakedcellphone on ebay for 79.00 . Just wait until you get 5 good drain downs to full charge again, and then the battery will be fully broken in...here are my 2cents on this mugen 3800 battery.
    Re: Seidio 2600 extended battery, but no holster?
    Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 04:31:53 PM Quote Modify Remove
    Palm Pre Forum - Seidio 2600 extended battery, but no holster?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I have the 3800 ext battery pack, on the package it says to get the most out of it it needs to be charged & discharged 3-5 times. So far it came with 50% battery life which was a good sign ( that's the way it should come). After charging the battery over night for the first charge it was at 100%. I then did e-mails ,sms, videos on the web, watched a movie that I put on the Pre, talked my head off, took 112 photos at my family's picnic, I also played Pandora for about 3 hrs. I used the sprint nav for an hour. I mean I really did a lot with this phone from 8am til 12:30midnight. And the left over charge capacity was at 71% I was amazed and that was only after the first charge. I have been trying to really drain it down but that will take alot of usage=like with the navigation on all the time. With no photo's taken and just watching web videos and surfing the net, talking, sms, e-mail and installing ringtones and other apps I end at 86% batt life left. I've been starting my day with the cellphone on at 8am and off by 12:30midnight ...I must say this 3800mah battery pack sure does rock.

    THE BACK COVER...it is made of an flexible thin plastic but it's tough strong, it matches the black glossy finish of the Pre original finish. It also snaps on good I mean really good that it's kind of hard to get off. Insted of running your finger nail around the edges after pushing the button in, just push the button in and hold it in (use a pen), lift cover up at the corners of the center button it will take a little force but it will come off and it will snap back on really good. I had it off and on about 12 times and no signs of snap wear (it's really on good but still don't drop your Pre With the new cover your phone will be thicker it will take the Pre from the original 6.7 to almost an inch, which I like because you now have a better grip on the once was thin slippery cellphone. The xtra thick cover makes it easy to hold, text,dial,get and remove cards, and slide open & close your Pre with just one hand and your thumb. The speaker holes on the back cover are not as many as on the original cover which IMO muffles the sound some...( JUST A THOUGHT for an easy fix just drill them out if you want to hack your back cover (just remember to go over the edges with a black sharpie pen).

    And the pouches that I have found that will fit your new muscular Pre are for the Blackberry 8300 and Nokia i 730 cellphones ( I'm sure there's more out there). The one I have is for the BB 8300 it's made by Cube, it's a nice snug fit and with a little strech of the pouch your new thick Pre will fit nicely. the only down fall to a pouch is that it will muffle speaker sound for the ringer and hinder the effects of the vibrater...easy fix that I did, cut out a nice neat hole in the pouch with an x-zacto knife, box cutter, or small single edge razor in the same location as where your speaker will be.
  9. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    And the pouches that I have found that will fit your new muscular Pre are for the Blackberry 8300 and Nokia i 730 cellphones ( I'm sure there's more out there). The one I have is for the BB 8300 it's made by Cube, it's a nice snug fit and with a little strech of the pouch your new thick Pre will fit nicely. the only down fall to a pouch is that it will muffle speaker sound for the ringer and hinder the effects of the vibrater...easy fix that I did, cut out a nice neat hole in the pouch with an x-zacto knife, box cutter, or small single edge razor in the same location as where your speaker will be.
    Or you could just use a Crown Royal bag
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  10.    #30  
    The 3800 arrived. Yeah, it's big! But honestly, I don't find it as outrageous as some seem to feel. I've grown comfortable with the size of my Seidio 2600 and the Mugen is just a bit larger. Anyway, it's personal preference. I'm not bothered by its looks at all.

    I charged the battery for the recommended 12 hours. Then yesterday I got about 13 hours of somewhat lighter than usual (for me) use before it died. I charged overnight for about 11 hours (100% charge). In 3 hours of doing literally nothing this morning, it's now down to 83%. I have to admit I'm just a tad worried. But I'll see what it gets after the 3-5 recommended charge/discharge cycles. But I sure haven't had Ringtone Joe's luck so far! Joe, you're rocking!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq
    My 3800 should arrive any day now. The extended Seidio 2600 just hasn't been consistent enough for me. Some days it ends the day with nearly 50% remaining. Yet the next day I'm out of power by 2PM. Same usage. I just don't get it. I want to love it...I like the size and the back...easy for me to use...but everytime I think it's going to work out, I run out of power by early afternoon. And now it's running out almost every other day. I'm going to try the Mugen 3800 and see if that can help. Love the Pre but still battling keeping it powered up.
    Hello,

    Thank you for your comments! We suspect that you have might gotten a one that is not holding a charge correctly and would like to help! Please PM me your order information and we will be more than glad to see what we can do for you!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq View Post
    The 3800 arrived. Yeah, it's big! But honestly, I don't find it as outrageous as some seem to feel. I've grown comfortable with the size of my Seidio 2600 and the Mugen is just a bit larger. Anyway, it's personal preference. I'm not bothered by its looks at all.

    I charged the battery for the recommended 12 hours. Then yesterday I got about 13 hours of somewhat lighter than usual (for me) use before it died. I charged overnight for about 11 hours (100% charge). In 3 hours of doing literally nothing this morning, it's now down to 83%. I have to admit I'm just a tad worried. But I'll see what it gets after the 3-5 recommended charge/discharge cycles. But I sure haven't had Ringtone Joe's luck so far! Joe, you're rocking!
    Yeah you might have gotton a bad one just keep in mind that 3800 batt pack is like having more than 3 of the originals battery packs. Others on other pre forums said they loved the 3800 battery pack by mugen, that's what lead me to order mine and I'm happy. I had no calls one day and no usage from my end and around midnight I had 92 % of battery juice left....mine ROCK. Make sure your charge it for 12 hrs or more FIRST BEFORE ANY USE OF IT in airplane mode and device off AFTER you've plug in the charger. That's what I did before the first real use...but I did put it in pre just to check stock charge and it was at 50 % exactly. Let me know how it goes. Thanks OH and the one thing that will eat up your battery juice is the Sprint Nav, but it's still over 3times longer lasting than the stock battery. ALSO SSRJAZZ (see above comment) is loving the 3800 battery pack...SELAH???
    Last edited by RINGTONE JOE; 09/23/2009 at 12:16 PM.
  13. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #33  
    What is 'selah'?

    I've been getting down to 20-30% with pretty crappy cell signal and fairly moderate to heavy data usage after 10 hrs of use or so. Cell signal really can be a battery drainer for sure.

    One thing I did notice was that the back that comes with the 3800 battery suffers from the same low-light flashback issue that seidio's original extended back did. I'm gonna try sanding down the camera/flash ports and re-painting them with matte black and see if that helps.

    Other than that i've been pretty happy with the battery overall. My friend's centro has been ready to die by lunch when he's had many msgs on it.
  14. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #34  
    Back from Orlando. I must say that I'm very happy with the battery. It performed quite well under heavy usage on long days and in lousy coverage spots.

    If you were thinking about getting one. Do it! You'll love it.
  15. #35  
    I have a Touch Pro with a Mugen 3000mAh. It is crazy thick. Clearly I didn't buy it for looks -- function over form, usability over aesthetics. It doesn't bother me that much.

    When I get my Pre (soon, I hope!), I'll see how the battery goes and almost certainly end up with an extended battery of some sort. 3800mAh sounds pretty delicious to me, regardless of size. hehe Sure, I'd love a tiny battery that lasts forever, but until that day comes, I need something that will last.

    Would someone mind posting exact measurements of the total thickness of the Pre with the 2800 and 3800 in it? I want to compare them to each other, and also to my current TP + 3000. I can't imagine the Pre with a 3800 is thicker than what I'm using now, but I'd like to see how different it is. Thanks in advance!

    /Kevin
  16. #36  
    How long does it take to charge that monster battery from 20% - full?
    I'm debating spending over $100 to place chargers in strategic locations (work, car, home, etc.) I favor the "one battery to rule them all" style of thinking. I hate carrying extra crap with me.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I have a Touch Pro with a Mugen 3000mAh. It is crazy thick. Clearly I didn't buy it for looks -- function over form, usability over aesthetics. It doesn't bother me that much.

    When I get my Pre (soon, I hope!), I'll see how the battery goes and almost certainly end up with an extended battery of some sort. 3800mAh sounds pretty delicious to me, regardless of size. hehe Sure, I'd love a tiny battery that lasts forever, but until that day comes, I need something that will last.

    Would someone mind posting exact measurements of the total thickness of the Pre with the 2800 and 3800 in it? I want to compare them to each other, and also to my current TP + 3000. I can't imagine the Pre with a 3800 is thicker than what I'm using now, but I'd like to see how different it is. Thanks in advance!

    /Kevin
    The Pre with the stock batter & cover is .67". The 2800 takes it to .75" including the cover & the 3800 makes the Pre 1" with the new cover

    The link shows a the Amzer 2800 & 3800 they look the same as the Mugen.

  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    What is 'selah'?
    It means think about it.
  19. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #39  
    Voss: They -are- the same battery. Amzer just rebrands it and sells it for more.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Voss: They -are- the same battery. Amzer just rebrands it and sells it for more.
    I had a feeling they were the same but didn't want to assume without seeing one of each.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions