1.    #1  
    I ordered this Fortte case 08/28 and received it today. Not long at all for a "custom made" order. I think they are made in Boliva. It was only $42.00 including shipping.

This is a beautiful and elegant case that appears very well made. Genuine leather of course, with a nice felt lining. Stitching looks good. I wanted to go with a horizontal pouch without a clip, so I ordered it "custom made" with a belt loop. My 1 1/2" belt fits perfectly. It's no biggie if you wear it on your right side to put it on just before you put your belt through the last loop. Looks less dorky and doesn't protrude at all. It's not falling off.

I also wanted horizontal because I have popped phones out of vertical cases with magnetic closures (the Fortte has one) when crouching down.

The Pre fits perfectly inside imho. You can shake it upside down and it won't fall out, even with the magnetic lip open. Yet by pushing from below it oozes out easily.

The magnet in the top lip must go from end to end. There is no little circle or square to see or feel. It is nicely done. The front and back sides have some rigidity to them. There is something between the leather and interior felt.

The only real downside I can envision is being a little slower in getting it out and positioned in your hand comfortably to take a call.

I ordered this without Fortte's little metal shield, and when you do that they don't emboss their name either (I wouldn't have minded that).

If you wear it screen towards you like I will you can easily hit the power switch to ignore a call. The speaker still rings loud enough out of the bottom corner.

It appears to be everything I was looking for. It keeps the small form factor of the Pre that I enjoy so much.

Very fast write up I know but I haven't seen one of these here. The last 5 pics contain the Pre too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 09/15/2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Looks good, where did you order it from?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I ordered this Fortte case 08/28 and received it today. Not long at all for a "custom made" order. I think they are made in Boliva. It was only $42.00 including shipping.

This is a beautiful and elegant case that appears very well made. Genuine leather of course, with a nice felt lining. Stitching looks good. I wanted to go with a horizontal pouch without a clip, so I ordered it "custom made" with a belt loop. My 1 1/2" belt fits perfectly. It's no biggie if you wear it on your right side to put it on just before you put your belt through the last loop. Looks less dorky and doesn't protrude at all. It's not falling off.

I also wanted horizontal because I have popped phones out of vertical cases with magnetic closures (the Fortte has one) when crouching down.

I ordered this without Fortte's little metal shield, and when you do that they don't emboss their name either (I wouldn't have minded that).

If you wear it screen towards you like I will you can easily hit the power switch to ignore a call. The speaker still rings loud enough out of the bottom corner.

It appears to be everything I was looking for. It keeps the small form factor of the Pre that I enjoy so much.

Very fast write up I know but I haven't seen one of these here. The last 5 pics contain the Pre too.
    fortte.com

I'm thinking about getting one as well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    fortte.com

I'm thinking about getting one as well.
    Yep that's the place. Pick your brand and model (Palm and Pre of course) at the top right and you will be taken to several cases for the Pre. You can get a clip on this one if you want.

They take CC and Paypal. I used Paypal. They were good with emails and tracking numbers too.

I had never heard of them until recently but they really do seem top notch. They make a lot of cases for a lot of phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    The magnet in the top lip must go from end to end. There is no little circle or square to see or feel. It is nicely done. The front and back sides have some rigidity to them. There is something between the leather and interior felt.
    I just got the E&B Copilot case for Pre. The two magnets at either end of that case do a good job of keeping the case closed, BUT they also cause the Pre to turn on every time the phone is put in or taken out of the case.

Has anyone had this actuation issue with the Fortte case? As reviewed, it seems to be just the case I'm looking for.
    Last edited by vegas89134; 02/23/2010 at 09:27 AM.
    I'm looking for a belt loop case, choosing between the E&B and the Fortte. Do either of them allow access to the ringer switch without removing the Pre from the case? That's a feature I liked on my Krusell case for my 700p.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm looking for a belt loop case, choosing between the E&B and the Fortte. Do either of them allow access to the ringer switch without removing the Pre from the case? That's a feature I liked on my Krusell case for my 700p.
    Thanks
    I returned my E&B case because of the magnet turn-on *feature* noted in the post just before yours, and have the Fortte on special order. From the photos on the Fortte website, it appears that the cut of the case would allow access to the ringer switch. Check it out at
    Leather case for Palm Pre Plus Lateral Pouch
    Last edited by vegas89134; 02/24/2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: formatting
    I received my Fortte Pre horizontal pouch today, and can verify that the notch at the side of the case allows just enough access to the ringer switch to actuate it without removing the phone from the case, when the phone is placed face-in with its top to the wearer's left.

Great workmanship, too.