Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone see this?

Amzer Hybrid Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Yellow For Palm - Palm Pre - Cases - Fommy.com

there is a youtube video showing the case on fommy.com

Its looks interesting. Any thoughts? Anyone use it?
    Does it work with the Touchstone?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    According to the video it works with TS. Nice find, will keep an eye on it!
    well i just bought one.. ill be sure to let everyone know what i think.

someone picked up my phone today and the case i had on there (cheap 4 dollar one from ebay) broke.. the back was already broke in 1 corner but it just fell off.

i think these look cool.. hopefully they fit nice.
  5.    #5  
    I hope it works out for ya! I ended up picking up ths case.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-sprint.html

Its VERY nice and its the best one I have had to date. Even better than the rocket fish case from best buy!
    That looks pretty nice!! Be sure to post a review. I wonder if the yellow part is rubberized at all?

Edit: nevermind. Sounds like the yellow bits are metallic...

Digging the blue one:

http://www.amzer.com/accessories-det...p?sku_no=84482
    Last edited by alan7467; 09/15/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dswissmiss View Post
    I just watched the video and didn't hear any mention of it working with the TS. Where did you hear that it works with the TS?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    this makes me wish I didn't just get my body glove case in the mail today.. but then again I do like the classy black look.. but then again the colors look pretty sick too..
    The video I watched says nothing about the touchstone. No way this case will work with the touchstone. If it did, I'd buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The video I watched says nothing about the touchstone. No way this case will work with the touchstone. If it did, I'd buy it.

Agreed, like everybody but dswissmiss, I failed to hear any mention of the TS with this case, but if it was TS compatible, I'd order the yellow one in a heartbeat.
    Typed "amzer pre case" into youtube and fommy's video mentiones it snaps onto the TS cover. Not sure if it will charge though but that is my assumption.

It may be a different video or case so i'll post it when I get home.
    Typed "amzer pre case" into youtube and fommy's video mentiones it snaps onto the TS cover. Not sure if it will charge though but that is my assumption.
    Looking at the picture of the cover, there is no way, in my opinion, that it will work with the touchstone. I'm not going to gamble on it but if anyone here buys it, please post your results.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I sent Fommy an email to see if they were going to offe this case for the 2800mah battery case. I'd love to have one 'o these.
    Looks sweet; wonder how it compares to the Innocase as far as added bulk. The pics and videos make them look pretty comparable, but I always find, with these hard cases, that the Pre just looks like a tank after installation. I must say, though, that these look pretty slick.
    I have the black/chrome one that I got through handhelditems.com. They are thin and add absolutely no bulk. They feel cheap though. AND NO, this case will not work with my touchstone at all...you put it on, and it just slides off and makes no connection. I'm leaning more towards the Sprint hard shell as a solution as it works with TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I have the black/chrome one that I got through handhelditems.com. They are thin and add absolutely no bulk. They feel cheap though. AND NO, this case will not work with my touchstone at all...you put it on, and it just slides off and makes no connection. I'm leaning more towards the Sprint hard shell as a solution as it works with TS.
    It "feels" cheap as in the texture of the materials? Or it doesn't feel durable (and if not, how has yours held up)? Wondering because I've been reading instances of Innocase tabs just breaking off.
    So to clear up any confusion with my previous posts, this is the case I mistakenly thought was being discussed Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Jet Black For Palm - Palm Pre - Cases - Fommy.com
    I got mine in the mail today.

My honest opinion - stick with a hard case. I wouldn't buy it.

I'm disappointed. The bottom right on the front cover will not snap on. Ive presed hard enough i'm worrying about breaking the phone. The tab just isn't big enough. So the front corner is sticking up a little because it won't snap on. Thats no good.

The silicon on the back is very loose. The left side hangs out a litle bit and I can imagine with putting it in/out of pocket it will only get worse.

Another thing I don't like is the power/ringer switch area is much more exposed than previous hard case that I had. That whole corner of the phone is open for the most part. One drop on that corner and its scratched no doubt.

Maybe if they make it right and send me a replacement due to the front not snapping on, but I doubt the silicon will be any better.

edit: i just was on phone for 30 min with fommy (about a 20 dollar stupid case) and the non english speaking guy (god that pisses me off) says that they will not send me a replacement, that I have to ship mine back in and then they will.

1. im not goiing to wait 2 weeks to get a cover. 2. its going to cost me 5 bucks to ship it - ill just go buy another one from ebay for 5 bucks

****ty in my opinion. the first case i bought for my pre was scratched to hell.. i got it from ebay. i told them and they immediately shipped me another one no problem at all.

what would it hurt them to send another one? I told them to include a return label and ill send it back. but they wont do it

i wouldnt buy **** from them. hire someone that speaks english and send people **** that 100% works as described. plain and simple. and its not like im being picky or just dont like it, it does not snap on.

wont be back to fommy.com to buy anything. im sure plenty of people have bought from them and had success, but this was my first and last time. ****ty costomer service if you ask me. he tried telling me "we have sold tons of these and had no problems, we did not ship you a bad product".. oh.. i must be too stupid to snap on a case then!!!!!!
    Last edited by twentythreemx; 09/21/2009 at 05:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    looks like underwear for your pre
    Anyone here have an Amzer 2800 mAh battery? I do, and I'd like some sort of all body case....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast