1.    #1  
    AMZER   ::   Products   ::   Mobile Accessories   ::   Cases

Anyone use this product? I'm curious if it is really good to have to charge as much stuff as they say you can charge with it. It would come in handy when out and about with likely no way to charge from an outlet. I'm also wanting to get either the seidio 2600 or amzer 2800 probably whichever one is compatable with the touchstone 1st. Though I'm getting tired of waiting. Anyways so anyone have any thoughts to share on this powerbar thing?
    I don't see the point of it really. I have the Seidio 2600 and it easily lasts me all day long with above average use (see my review in this forum).

I can tell you right now that Seidio is not going to make a touchstone compatible back, not sure if Amzer still will. People were guessing that the reason Seidio decided to not make a touchstone compatible back might be due to patent issues, if that's the case, I doubt Amzer will make one, so you might as well stop waiting and buy a bigger battery, you won't regret it, and you won't feel the need for that power bar thing.
    haha that's cool.

Unfortunately, when I'm outside I am rarely in a spot where I could charge it up so I couldn't get use out of it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I don't see the point of it really. I have the Seidio 2600 and it easily lasts me all day long with above average use (see my review in this forum).

I can tell you right now that Seidio is not going to make a touchstone compatible back, not sure if Amzer still will. People were guessing that the reason Seidio decided to not make a touchstone compatible back might be due to patent issues, if that's the case, I doubt Amzer will make one, so you might as well stop waiting and buy a bigger battery, you won't regret it, and you won't feel the need for that power bar thing.
    So they changed their stance? When they released the 2600 they told me that they would have a touchstone compatible back soon. If this is not true and they indeed will not be making one ever then I will ditch the touchstone in favor of getting the extended batery because I'm frankly getting tired of running out of battery after heavy use before the day is out. I was out of town and every day more than normal use at home I had to use my netbook as a charger 2/3 of the way through the day. It was quite frustrating. I liked the ease of drop to charge and grab to go of the touchstone but I'm not sure it is a good trade off to deal with out for the afternoon or evening and run out of battery. I want to do more traveling and this last trip showed me the stock battery isn't going to cut it for the future.

I'm still curious to know if anyone has used this emergency charger thing and thoughts on it as I have friends who may be interested in the product as well. Anyways I guess a call to seidio and amzer to confirm they are indeed not going to get the back is in order unless someone can point me in the direction of confirmation on that. Perhaps my bro will buy the touchstone from me if there is no hope for using it with the extended.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    So they changed their stance? When they released the 2600 they told me that they would have a touchstone compatible back soon. If this is not true and they indeed will not be making one ever then I will ditch the touchstone in favor of getting the extended batery because I'm frankly getting tired of running out of battery after heavy use before the day is out. I was out of town and every day more than normal use at home I had to use my netbook as a charger 2/3 of the way through the day. It was quite frustrating. I liked the ease of drop to charge and grab to go of the touchstone but I'm not sure it is a good trade off to deal with out for the afternoon or evening and run out of battery. I want to do more traveling and this last trip showed me the stock battery isn't going to cut it for the future.

I'm still curious to know if anyone has used this emergency charger thing and thoughts on it as I have friends who may be interested in the product as well. Anyways I guess a call to seidio and amzer to confirm they are indeed not going to get the back is in order unless someone can point me in the direction of confirmation on that. Perhaps my bro will buy the touchstone from me if there is no hope for using it with the extended.
    Seidio did post it in that huge thread about their 2600 battery that they will not be making a touchstone compatible back. But I am totally with you, I was tempted to get the Touchstone, but the prohibitive price of that thing (considering what it does) did not sit well with me. I really enjoy my 2600 battery and the freedom it gives me. I am no longer scared having to sit in roaming areas all day long, knowing that by the time I get out of them, I most likely will have a dead phone on my hands, meaning I can't listen to any of the voicemails and missed calls I got while the phone was roaming.

You won't regret it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Seidio did post it in that huge thread about their 2600 battery that they will not be making a touchstone compatible back. But I am totally with you, I was tempted to get the Touchstone, but the prohibitive price of that thing (considering what it does) did not sit well with me. I really enjoy my 2600 battery and the freedom it gives me. I am no longer scared having to sit in roaming areas all day long, knowing that by the time I get out of them, I most likely will have a dead phone on my hands, meaning I can't listen to any of the voicemails and missed calls I got while the phone was roaming.

You won't regret it.
    Found the post I guess that is a bummer. Talk of possible homemade back cover but no posted results. That would rock if we can make our own back using the touchstone back.
    They made an appearance at CES this year. I would like to know if they are as good as they sound.