Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Saw this on ebay. Located in Hong Kong, less than $20. Not sure that I want to try this.

Here's the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    How nice.... "Palm Pre and Treo Pre"

Those guys seem to know what they're talking about! I am sure that battery will work in both phones perfectly fine...

20 bucks? From a company no one has ever heard off?

The only thing missing from that link is the words "RUN LIKE HELL"
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

Those guys seem to know what they're talking about! I am sure that battery will work in both phones perfectly fine...

LOL
    I bought a CameronSino for my Treo Pro. I got less life than the OEM battery. I heard that batteries need several charges to get to the best life. I gave this one 3 weeks. Pretty disappointed. The guy said he would take it back, but I didn't feel like making the trip to the post office and spend $9.00 to ship it back to China. He may decide not to reimburse me for shipping and then I would be out even more money.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Nope , works fine for me.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    Saw this on ebay. Located in Hong Kong, less than $20. Not sure that I want to try this.

Here's the link
    2250mAh Extended Battery w/cover for Palm Pre, Treo Pre - eBay (item 390092006917 end time Oct-09-09 03:29:21 PDT)
    Only one problem, the back cover blocks the top left and right corners of the photo.
    If you care less for the camera , buy it.

I have mine from this guy , and its works just fine.
    One fourth day of the new battery.

The thing seems to give me about 10 hours of life with three emails accounts syncing, an two hours of web browsing / talking / messaging.

Two email accounts are being synced at 15 mins and the outlook account instantly.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Is the thickness the same as Seido's 2600 and or Amzer's 2800?
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    here is the photo of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Is the thickness the same as Seido's 2600 and or Amzer's 2800?
    Almost the same. May be 1 mm thinner.

What I did was try to use my 2400 mah battery that I got for my 800W .
    The cover didn't fit in.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    BTW,
    This battery looks like made for CENTRO ,
    if you search EBAY for CENTRO batteries you will see this one listed (2250 maH).

On Fifth day of the new battery.
    This thing gets me close to 10 hours.
    And seems falling nicely into the charging cycle.
    My battery is working great in my pre, price is more reasonable than paying $50 to $80 for battery that size.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Only one problem, the back cover blocks the top left and right corners of the photo.
    If you care less for the camera , buy it
    How is the back covers fitment? Is it nice and tight? Also with the camera picture problem, Is the lens being covered by something? Or is it just the depth of the way the cover was molded and they didn't open it up?
    $20 or less is actually a reasonable price for one of these batts... a single lipo 2000 mah cell can be had for far less. Heck, when the lipo technology was first released to the RC world I paid $14 for a 1020mah cell, and that was way back when it was really expensive to buy those batts.
    I just got my cameronsino or whatever the heck battery. The cover doesnt interfere with the camera at all.... still charging the sucker up, lord its big, been charging for 2 hours and still not fully charged.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess View Post
    How is the back covers fitment? Is it nice and tight? Also with the camera picture problem, Is the lens being covered by something? Or is it just the depth of the way the cover was molded and they didn't open it up?
    The back cover is nice. It fits nice. No shake. No creaky sounds.
    The top part of the photo gets blurred.

The depth of field is messed by the back cover. This is essentially the same problem with the first SEIDIO cover. But SEIDIO fixed it.
    I complained to the guy, he said he can't do anything for me.
    But wanted to see the picture so that he knows the issue.

I am planning on cutting around it.

And BTW , no HEAT issues from the Pre. The phone is cooler than it used to be with the OEM, and the battery is not getting hot too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any of you use the batter monitor app? If so what is the app reporting for battery capacity? Mine is reporting 543 mAh. Though I've been browsing for 2 hours on evdo and its still at 93%. So obviously reporting wrong.
    Keep us updated on this battery. Let us all know how long they last.
    Update. 2.5 hours later. Been using pandora, browsing, sprint nav, battery monitor, few phone calls, and lord it is still at 87 percent. I've done that before testing my stock battery. 3 hours of that and the stock battery is dead. If this keeps up, I could go 4 normal days with this battery.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

You do realize there aren't that many LI-Ion manufacturing factories in the world?

As a result, most of these batteries are made in the same factory. Palm OEM, Seidio, and whatever side by side.

IIRC, most of the faulty Dell and Sony batteries from a few years ago were OEM batteries made in Japan. So even the best factories can screw up a battery.

I'll take my chances with a $22.50 shipped with a back cover. Oddly, I want my back cover to be a bit thicker so I can remove the hard cover on my pre.

The hard cover helps me type because it adds thickness to my Pre keyboard, but it makes it hard to hit the top row of keys. This solution gives me more battery life, and a thicker keyboard, plus slightly more room on my top row of keys.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess View Post
    Keep us updated on this battery. Let us all know how long they last.
    Had it for month.
    Three emails ( one push outlook, the second one 15 min sync and the third one half hour)
    One hour browsing.
    One hour phone calls.
    One hour Music .
    The battery is still at 20-30% at the end of the work day (6:00 P.M).

This is almost double the capacity of the stock one.
    For 22 bucks , I would recommend this to everyone who needs an extended battery for their Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast