Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ok, my problem is that even with my Pre charged into a USB cable, I am still losing power. Yes, you read that right. My theory is that the signal at the office is sooo poor, the phone needs to really burn the juice to stay connected. Again, this is just my theory. I could be talking out of my @@s.

BTW, I am using the Amzer 2800 battery, which works great at home. It usually lasts me all day, even when I have Pandora going for 5+ hours.

However, at the office, the battery keeps losing power. I just looked at it now, and I started charging at 32%, and it now reads 27%. And I don't have any programs running!

When I used an high output travel charger, then the battery got filled. But the normal USB cable is not up to snuff. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a problem with my phone?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Carl
    did you use the usb cable that came with the pre?

did you try reseting your phone?

do you have any tweaks installed?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah, I tried all those things: resetting with soft reset, hard reset, the cable is the one that came with the Pre box. No tweaks are installed (waiting on OS stabilizing).

It is really crazy how the battery drains so fast!

Carl
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    The cable is not the problem. You need to use a USB charger that puts out 1 Amp. (1000 mA)

You haven't said what you are using to charge, but I assume you are plugging it into your computer. Most computer USB ports only put out 500 mA.
    If your pre is actually charging, and you're really using >500mA just sitting there, I suggest there's something wrong, even with a pretty bad signal. That would burn through a standard Pre battery in something like a little over 2 hours. I've heard of people going through a battery in 4 hours in really poor signal areas, but 2 hours takes the cake.

Perhaps wifi is your friend?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer