1.    #1  
    so im thinking id like a touchstone, but i have a cat that likes to spaz out late at night and jump on stuff... is the touchstone magnet strong enough to keep the pre attached if it took a bump or two in the night from a spastic cat.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I would think the touchstone could handle your cat but you may want to invest in getting a bottle of GOODCAT. I've only found it at Petco. It will calm a spastic cat.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    i'll pass onto you the best advice i have ever received...

get rid of the cat and get a dog= No touchstone problems and a better companion
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    i'll pass onto you the best advice i have ever received...

get rid of the cat and get a dog= No touchstone problems and a better companion
    haha i like that answer... although the last thing i need is to find my puppy's favorite new chew toy was the pre and the touchstone ha. dogs are great, but only if you have time for them, they are very needy and i hate people who get dogs and just throw them in a cage or the backyard (they are the ones who should have got the cat, cause they lack the time)
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Funny thing is, I think my touchstone is somehow alurring to our cat. The cat is calm and never messes with my electrical stuff. But once in a while I'll find she has dragged my touchstone of the desk and under the bed. I don't know what she wants it for or why its attractive to her.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    It would be impossible for a cat to remove the touchstone from a desk as long as the suction is properly placed. This is probably the most effective suction mechanism I've seen. It takes quite some effort for even me to remove it.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    haha i like that answer... although the last thing i need is to find my puppy's favorite new chew toy was the pre and the touchstone ha. dogs are great, but only if you have time for them, they are very needy and i hate people who get dogs and just throw them in a cage or the backyard (they are the ones who should have got the cat, cause they lack the time)
    Exactly, spot-on. Unfortunately I had to find out how much work a dog is the hard way. Thankfully I was able to get it into a good home. I'm a cat man now.
    I have a 15lb cat, (huge male, not obese) who is a complete psycho from about 12:30am-1:15am, and again for half an hour starting at 5:10am (the cat is like a swiss clock).

He has yet to knock my phone off the touchstone by my bed.
    Hmmm... You might have to be worried about your cat making calls to Dial-A-Mouse while you're sleeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnementh9999 View Post
    Hmmm... You might have to be worried about your cat making calls to Dial-A-Mouse while you're sleeping.
    Nice one.

In all seriousness though, the screen is locked while on the touchstone. It goes into "night stand mode" where the screen stays on, but is all black except for the clock and the unlock slider.
    Can I ask for a photo of the Pre "charging" on the cat's belly?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    My 6 month old daughter crawls around and yanks my phone off my desk. It most definitely does not stay on the charger after falling 3 feet.
    lol Good question hoppy. I never gave it any thought and have been thinking of getting a touchstone. I also have a cat that likes to get unruly at night while I'm trying to sleep.
    VeeDubb my cat is also huge he is 22 lbs and I'm gonna put him on a diet. I have been trying to get him to exercise every day but kinda hard because he's a cat and does what he wants. When he weighed 19 lbs the vet said he was not over weight because of his big stature.
    Kitten Mittens! For that lound cat in your house!