Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://store.precentral.net/igrip-cu.../3A78A5972.htm

Supposedly exclusive to Precentral Store, and it looks like a nice fit. Seems to snap on to the back and does not cover up any of the ports.

There are also mounts for windshield and cigarette lighter.

Last edited by thermodynamic; 09/15/2009 at 01:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Looks like a much cheaper solution than getting a proclip setup.

Just ordered one, see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How do we know if it will fit/work in our car?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I purchased the Swivel Mount model for my Pre. I made a similar one for my 755p out of two different mounts that worked great so I'm hoping this will be just as good.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    I have never used a vent-mounted car holster. I take it that these prevent the vents from being adjusted/closed, but do they break the vent slats? Do they move the vent slats, causing you to constantly adjust the holster?

I guess one benefit is that it will cool down the Pre when its generating all of that heat!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I have use a vent mount for a short time a few years ago for a different phone and that vent broke completely out a few months later. Plus it did block the vent reducing air flow.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Waaaaaaah! I *just* bought a non-custom mount @ Office Depot! Works fine, but the iGrip looks, well, custom. Oh, well.
    I've been using an iGrip vent mount for my Treo 755p in my car for years. I was bummed that when i got my Pre I no longer had a car mount. I'm really excited that I can buy the $13 custom attachment and it'll work with my old vent mount attachment! I wish I could hear some reviews before ordering, but I might just have to trust that it works well since their mount has worked so well for me over the past 3+ years. My ideal solution would be this + a touchstone back + swivel to put it in landscape mode. If I had that, it would be the ultimate mount! Please iGrip, create something like that!

EDIT: as for those worried about their car vents, I haven't had anything break on me, and though I get a little worried about heat blowing directly on my phone (in the winter), it has never caused a problem. Overall, my vent is the ideal place to put the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    http://store.precentral.net/igrip-cu.../3A78A5972.htm

Supposedly exclusive to Precentral Store, and it looks like a nice fit. Seems to snap on to the back and does not cover up any of the ports.

There are also mounts for windshield and cigarette lighter.
    WOW EPIC FAIL!!! I just bought the other iGrip vent mount from PreCentral store last week!!! FAIL! FAIL!! FAIL!!!!
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm View Post
    WOW EPIC FAIL!!! I just bought the other iGrip vent mount from PreCentral store last week!!! FAIL! FAIL!! FAIL!!!!
    any chance you can return it?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    anyone have a suggestion for people who use a hard shell case?
    Quote Originally Posted by vangogh35 View Post
    anyone have a suggestion for people who use a hard shell case?
    i'd guess your best bet would be a universal holder. I doubt any company will develop a special holder for every available case.
    I bought a nice holder on ebay. If you search for Palm Pre High Quality Windshield Mount you will see what a great fit it is. I used it on a trip this last weekend and it worked great. I live in California so I cannot use it on my windshiled, so I clamped it on my bean bag GPS holder and it stayed right where I wanted it on my dash. It has cut outs on the sides so you can charge it while in the holder and it has feet to keep it from slipping down. The grip on the sides is gentle and a button opens the sides slowly. It comes with a clip so you can put on a vent, but I prefer the dash application.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Also, I have my Pre in a leather flip down case and it held it while still in the case so no problem there.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I may have to give this a try. It doesn't cover up the USB port which is good.

And it's made in Germany. You know the Germans make good stuff.
  16.    #16  
    Added pictures to the first post for the lazy people

Hope I don't break the forum's resolution though.

Anyways, it looks pretty nice, and leaves all functionality intact (opening keyboard, not covering USB or speakers).

I am wondering if there is any soft material between the clip and the phone however (to prevent scratching). Also wondering if Pre's with skins of them will still fit fine.
    What the heck is up with the shipping costs on these things!?! $6 shipping on a little $13 piece of plastic?! I think i'm gonna wait until they offer free shipping. This is just ridiculous.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    What the heck is up with the shipping costs on these things!?! $6 shipping on a little $13 piece of plastic?! I think i'm gonna wait until they offer free shipping. This is just ridiculous.
    I don't know if they've ever offered free shipping. I assume, however, that amazon will probably carry this sometime in the future, and they have free shipping for orders over $25.

I'll probably bite and get this sometime soon though. Plus it's nice to support Precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    I don't know if they've ever offered free shipping. I assume, however, that amazon will probably carry this sometime in the future, and they have free shipping for orders over $25.

I'll probably bite and get this sometime soon though. Plus it's nice to support Precentral.
    I agree that I'd rather support PreCentral. It's an awesome site, but when places inflate their shipping like that, it annoys me.
    Anything that can work with a cupholder?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast