Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This holder with a touchstone back would be perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr396 View Post
    This holder with a touchstone back would be perfect!
    amen! I would buy it no question if they made that! Hopefully it'll happen soon.
    I agree shipping is garbage, expecially with usps flat rate.
    but it's about $75 cheaper than the Proclip and 100% better than a generic mount that looks like you got it from Pep-Boys. So $25 isn't bad at all.

And no more Pre sliding across the seat when i take hard corners, huzzah!
    There's an Arkon brand for the cupholder. Just put in your search engine cupholder mount for palm pre and you will see lots of them.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I agree shipping is garbage, expecially with usps flat rate.
    but it's about $75 cheaper than the Proclip and 100% better than a generic mount that looks like you got it from Pep-Boys. So $25 isn't bad at all.

And no more Pre sliding across the seat when i take hard corners, huzzah!
    I agree 100%. I think its the principle of the matter though that bothers me the most. If Precentral wanted to sell the front part for $18 + $1 shipping, I'd have less of an issue with it than the $13 + $6 shipping that they charge now. Obviously it doesn't cost more than a buck or 2 to ship the little piece of plastic. Just be honest about it, that's all I ask. I do love iGrip products though, so I think its more than worth while.
    I agree and usually, i'd not get it out of principle, but i REALLY need a competent vehicle mount right now, especialyl with Sprint Nav and Pandora. Mine arrives Friday, Maybe i'll be one of those write-a-review guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I agree and usually, i'd not get it out of principle, but i REALLY need a competent vehicle mount right now, especialyl with Sprint Nav and Pandora. Mine arrives Friday, Maybe i'll be one of those write-a-review guys.
    cool, i'd appreciate a review. I really should just go ahead and buy one, but I'm not in a crazy hurry. I don't drive tons every day. Look forward to hearing what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Anything that can work with a cupholder?
    A number of people have found how to put the Touchstone into one of their cup holders. I just ordered a Touchstone from the PreCentral store so that I can try it out.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/16/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    A number of people have found how to put the Touchstone into one of their cup holders. I just ordered a Touchstone from the PreCentral store so that I can try it out.

- Craig
    has anyone figured out how to power the touchstone from the cigarette lighter yet? I heard people were having to wire it into their car. That would be a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    If Precentral wanted to sell the front part for $18 + $1 shipping, I'd have less of an issue with it than the $13 + $6 shipping that they charge now. Obviously it doesn't cost more than a buck or 2 to ship the little piece of plastic.

Obviously?

Who do you think ships it? Does it magically just get packaged up with your name and address and jump in the delivery truck? Or does an employee who gets paid by the hour have to handle it?

I thought people by now had figured out that shipping (& handling) is in the price, one way or the other. Amazon doesn't give away shipping for free, since I'm sure USPS/UPS/FedEx/etc get paid for what they do, and Amazon's employees get paid for what they do.

As long as the total price is good, who cares how they structure their pricing? No one is trying to lie or cheat you. They are in business to earn a profit, just like every other retailer.
    has anyone figured out how to power the touchstone from the cigarette lighter yet? I heard people were having to wire it into their car. That would be a pain.
    Here you go...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stake View Post
    The Sprint car charger for Palm devices work fine. You'll need to shave off the top of the MicroUSB connector to make it fit inside the Touchstone. Apparently, nothing else works as far as I'm aware.
    - Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    Obviously?

Who do you think ships it? Does it magically just get packaged up with your name and address and jump in the delivery truck? Or does an employee who gets paid by the hour have to handle it?

I thought people by now had figured out that shipping (& handling) is in the price, one way or the other. Amazon doesn't give away shipping for free, since I'm sure USPS/UPS/FedEx/etc get paid for what they do, and Amazon's employees get paid for what they do.

As long as the total price is good, who cares how they structure their pricing? No one is trying to lie or cheat you. They are in business to earn a profit, just like every other retailer.
    Sorry, I don't like the shipping and handling BS. Handling (cost of employees, etc) is called OVERHEAD costs. Anyone that runs a business has to take this into account regardless what their employees do, and factor that into the mark up costs of their products (wholesale cost to them + markup (overhead + profit) = cost to consumer). There's a reason ebay cracks down on obnoxious shipping costs, and it's because it misleads the consumer! I'm not stupid, I see a price online and understand that I should have an expectation of reasonable shipping costs that will be tacked onto that. If I sell a piece of plastic for 1 cent and charge $20 for shipping, I'm misleading the consumer. I don't care how you look at it, but $6 to ship a few ounces (even if it took an employee a half hour to ship the stupid thing) is obviously inflated.

I've been using the palm pre oem car charger for some time it has been working for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I've been using the palm pre oem car charger for some time it has been working for me...
    and it charges the touchstone just fine?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    so how did this become a touchstone thread? haha. anyways, this mount looks very solid. i am planning to buy one myself. just can't decide which version to get. right now i am leaning more to the dash board w/ swivel mount. can someone w/ experience with a car mount tell me how the speaker phone works out for them? is it clear for the other party when you talk to them on speaker phone? this is one of the reason i want to get a mount, that and when using my phone as a gps.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I received my iGrip Custom Fit Sturdy Swivel Mount from the Precentral.net store today and it works great! The mount attaches firmly to the windshield by suction cup with lever. It is very stable. The custom fit holder attaches to the mount and swivels up, down, right, or left. It holds the phone securely and doesn't shake while you're driving. You can use it with the phone slider open or closed. The volume buttons and charging port are exposed and easily accessible. The swivel does not rotate but you can rotate the entire mount 180 degrees, attach it to the windshield and view the Pre in landscape mode.

I say this is a winner and $19.95 is a decent price.

Here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Any impressions on the dash mount?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    sambo, that looks awesome. i think i will prob buy one now.
    FWIW, US Postal Priority Mail flat rate at the minimum is going to cost $4.95 to ship.... $6 shipping is pretty spot on.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Any impressions on the dash mount?
    I haven't tried it. My dash and console are so contoured I'm not sure there's a place flat or big enough to put the adhesive disk that comes with it. I'm not real excited about gluing something on them either. I'll see if the mount will stick on it's own without the disk.

UPDATE:

The suction cup won't stick to my dash or console without the adhesive disk which I'm not willing to use. Sorry.
    Last edited by Sambo41; 09/18/2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast