Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    AMZER's 2800mAh for the Palm Pre

UPDATED (9/15): Order just came today around 6PM EST, I'm going to have a little hands on before I post about it.

INFO: This thread is dedicated to Amzer's 2800mAh battery. I started this topic now to get a view of concerns and questions others might have. Once I get the battery I'll most likely find answers regards to those concerns (personal experiences, preferences, battery life with specific usage, and a overall view of Amzer's back cover that comes with the 2800mAh battery).

REVIEW - FIRST 10MINS: I've got to say.. at first glance, the back cover and battery certainly isn't as big as I thought. But once it's on your Pre, you do and will notice a size difference. Honestly, I'd prefer the original stock back cover. Considering my current conditions though I'll have to manage with Amzer's 2800mAh battery.

Now moving on.. the feel of the device with Amzer's 2800mAh battery on has actually improved. Of course depending on each individual user this could change, but personally the Palm Pre doesn't feel too small anymore. Sliding up for the keyboard has gotten a better feel, especially doing it one handed. Typing on the keyboard is now a breeze, it feels a lot better and solid. Also, I find the glossy back finish a plus. What I see as a flaw in the back cover design is the lack of it's transition regarding the side of the phone. It's hard to point out, but when you feel the side of the Pre with the stock back cover on you feel a slight smooth transition from the first half of the phone, the ring, and the back half of the Pre. With Amzer's 2800mAh back cover, it seems to be a bit shorter and smaller. I don't know about you guys, but this annoys me quite a bit.

I'll add more to it as the days go by, and will add on my type of usage and give a thought on the battery life.

Regards,
    Shado.
    Last edited by Shado.F; 09/15/2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i can notice you're expecting to receive it today. i hope you can get a review together soon and maybe a few pictures uploaded. would help me make my decision (:
    "..this will definitely prevail."
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazntino View Post
    i can notice you're expecting to receive it today. i hope you can get a review together soon and maybe a few pictures uploaded. would help me make my decision (:
    UPDATED (9/15): Order just came today around 6PM EST, I'm going to have a little hands on before I post about it.

Edit: here's a picture I took on my Pre of it after I unboxed the battery, back cover and holster from the package. It might not be as clear or specific, but that's what I have for you all right now. After a little hands on and feel, I'll give my opinion and little review of it along with more photos.

Regards,
    Shado.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shado.F; 09/15/2009 at 05:53 PM.
    So how's it going as of now (2 months later)?
    and do you have a problem with your pictures
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Still compatible with the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    Still compatible with the touchstone?
    Uhhh bew...any EXTENDED battery will not be compatible with the TouchStone. At least not the ones that have a larger form factor than the original.
    With the 2800/2600 or 3800 batteries touchstone isn't needed. With the 2800 I was going 2 days without charging. With the 3800 I'm going now getting 5 days on a single charge. I'm a heavy GPS & web surfer. They really do get better after a couple cycles. With the thicker Pre it really improves the typing on the phone.
    Yeah I would say I have the 3800 Mugen and it rocks. I just wish that they would have made this style of back cover for it so that it will fit into the Seido holster or Force holster thats on ebae. I hope it was not wrong to post this if so please forgive me precentral.

1800mAh Extended Battery+Back Cover for Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 170409178436 end time Dec-19-09 10:02:45 PST)
    Attached Images Attached Images