1.    #1  
    Admittedly this is a specialized situation, but I spend a lot of time on the water. I have always used Aquapac cases which work well and are very safe. Had my 700P in one almost every weekend. However, the flat smooth surface of the Pre sticks to the appropriate sized Aquapac. It got worse when I put the PhantomSkinz on it, but that is a great skin and it's staying. Literally you can't even slide the Pre into the case because it sticks. I tried wetting the vinyl with some eyeglass solution which actually helped getting it into the case, but it took ten minutes to get it out. Has anyone found a good way to provide significant waterproofing other than a sturdy ziplock bag? At least with the OSK we can respond to texts without using the slider, so the ability to open the phone is less important than finding something that will protect it.
    I carry my PRE in a Golla Bag . I then just toss the entire thing into a Aquapac type Bag when at the Amusement parks or beach. This way it's protected but I can still get it in and out fast.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, but I want everything...especially the opportunity to respond to calls, texts and emails without taking it out of the case and exposing it to salt air....
    Then I guess the only other thing is get a Larger AquaPAck maybe one for a 2way Radio or something that the PRE will be free to move around in but still allow it to be airtight.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    If I understand correctly, the issue with your current aquapak is that the pre face sticks to it. My suggest would be to try to put some sort of shield over top of it to keep it from sticking. Off the top of my head I would try some Glad "press and seal" or a piece of vellum (think scrapbook store) or waxed paper. If you were not in need of being able to access on the buttons etc, I would recommend an otterbox. I have one that is just the perfect size for the pre, actually bought it for my gps receiver several years ago. However, you do have to get it out to answer. Another option might be to put the pre in a small snack size ziploc bag and then slide into the aquapac, maybe the ziploc won't stick to the aquapak. I did a quick search and found this product as well.

Lewis N Clark Water Seals Waterproof Case For Phone/PDA

It appears to have a hinge on one side and open up like a book. This may work. Actually, I may have to look into this one. Good luck. I have used waterproof cases for my cell and digital camera for years. I know how important it was to me to have it available but to protect it.

Bmax
    jsut went rafting, didn't take my phone, but did some research to find a good solid box that was tuff and waterproof, and cheap.

OTTERBOX 1000 model. cost about 5 bucks on amazon and i've dunked it under water with my pre in it to verfiy. AMAZING. Has kept my snus moist for over a week now. I love these lil Otterboxes.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMAX View Post
    If I understand correctly, the issue with your current aquapak is that the pre face sticks to it. My suggest would be to try to put some sort of shield over top of it to keep it from sticking. Off the top of my head I would try some Glad "press and seal" or a piece of vellum (think scrapbook store) or waxed paper. If you were not in need of being able to access on the buttons etc, I would recommend an otterbox. I have one that is just the perfect size for the pre, actually bought it for my gps receiver several years ago. However, you do have to get it out to answer. Another option might be to put the pre in a small snack size ziploc bag and then slide into the aquapac, maybe the ziploc won't stick to the aquapak. I did a quick search and found this product as well.

Lewis N Clark Water Seals Waterproof Case For Phone/PDA

It appears to have a hinge on one side and open up like a book. This may work. Actually, I may have to look into this one. Good luck. I have used waterproof cases for my cell and digital camera for years. I know how important it was to me to have it available but to protect it.

Bmax
    I have jerry-rigged a small pack that I had for a GPS by sticking two wide pieces of Velcro (the plush side) on the back inside wall. That way I just have to free up the front and it slides out. Still not ideal, but please post if you get this item and let us know how it works. I have used an Otterbox for my 700P for a few years and liked it fine, but it allowed me to use the phone. That's a necessity.....