Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I installed a Parrot MKI9100 today and it seems to work well with the Pre. I will need a couple of days to fully evaluate the system, but so far so good.

The Pre was able to send all of my contacts to the MKI9100, able to use Parrot's voice dialing to make calls, able to stream music via the Pre's built in music player, once a song was playing via the Pre's music player I was able to pause/play/Next/Previous, and all via bluetooth.

I'm using firmware version 1.14. There's a newer version 1.20 and curious if anyone has tried it with the Pre. If you have, could you share your thoughts on it? I just want to make sure it doesn't degrade performance with the Pre since most of the fixes are directed at the iPhone.

Thanks,

GP
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I hope your MKI9100 works out well for you. I purchased a Parrot Minikit Slim this week and am so far impressed with it. A2DP wasn't a requirement for me but voice-dialing was and phonebook integration was icing on the cake! Call audio is clear and most can't tell I'm on speaker-phone. My only complaint is that the voice prompts audio could be a little louder. But that could be adjusted with a firmware update. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck...
    I got the MKI9200 and so far it works flawlessly with my Pre! I hope you're enjoying your unit as well!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I got the MKI9200 and so far it works flawlessly with my Pre! I hope you're enjoying your unit as well!
    I have the MKI9200, but it does not seem to recognize the Palm Pre... How did you do this?? Mybe I did not understand something? I had the Treo 680 before and it worked perfectly. Thanks for any tips you can give me.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I got the 9200 have u figured out how to send the pictures to the contacts? Mine didn't transfer over with numbers, and when I go to send a pic I can't send it bluetooth, am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    This post is what ive been hoping to see. I have the quick connect harness on order to instal a ck3000 in my suv.....but i was thinking of picking up the mki9100 as an upgrade.

Question when you start the car and have a bluetooth headset "connected" to the pre will the parrots "request" to connect be accepted by the pre and the headset be dropped off in favor for the parrot or do u still need to disconnect your headset manually for the parrot to kick in ?
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I have a mk6100 and it works great.... except for voice dialing. It never responds to my commands
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I have a mk6100 and it works great.... except for voice dialing. It never responds to my commands
    According to parrot tech support if it does not have the i (MKi )in the name then it wont do automatic voice dialing but u can set voice tags to any contact u have in the parrot.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I've got my eye on the Parrot RK8200. Glad to hear that Parrot devices appear to pair well with the Pre.
    ylang48 and fdusn,

when I originally received and installed the unit it also did not automatically connect to my Pre... once I updated it (download the latest software from the Parrot website onto an SD card, plug the card into the Parrot, and go to options to update the software) it automatically found my Pre and once I agreed to let it pair (password 0000) it has worked flawlessly since. Every time I power the vehicle on it pairs itself and updates the contacts. However, the pictures of the contacts are NOT transmitted via BT to the screen, which Parrot warns you they won't (possibly in a future software update?).

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I just installed a touchstone and a Parrot Mki9100 in our 2006 Toyota Prius, and it works very well. Noise reduction via their dual microphone and DSP is good, and car stereo integration, bluetooth syncing works execellent. On Parrot's technical support section of their website, under compatibility, they have a link to a company called quickharness. This company offers wiring harnesses for various vehicles and Parrot products that are designed to plug into the car stereo harness with no wire cutting. I used the quickharness product and am very pleased with the outcome. I would like to see a bluetooth 2.1 firmware upgrade from Parrot, because it is supposed to be more secure from bluetooth hijackers.

The touchstone is charging flawlessly so far, but I haven't tried it with Sprint navigation yet to test for max electrical loading. I'll post pictures in a few days. The touchstone is mounted, logo upside down, on a vertical surface with double sided tape, and the magnetic force seems adeqate to keep the phone attached while driving over bumpy street roads.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    What firmware are u running on the MKi9100?? I just installed the same system in my Grand Vitara and everything works fine EXCEPT voice dialing. Parrot is sending me a replacement BLUE BOX but just wondering what u were running.

and yes the quick-connect harness makes install a snap.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I didn't check. I bought the system fom quickharness, and they state the units are shipped with the latest firmware, which I'm assuming in 1.24
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    More props here for the MKi9100. Voice dialing is nearly 100% accurate. My wife has a Mercedes factory BT unit and she drools over the Parrot in my Prius. Parrot + Pre makes for truly amazing hands-free driving, and streaming Pandora is incredible. The best tech gadget I've bought in years.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    My replacement unit came in and now Voice dialing is working great.

One possible issue...if i start the car with my Jabra headset "connected" to the Pre the MKi9100 locks up. I need to pull the connector to reset the parrot. But if no headset is connected then all is fine and the Parot connects instantly.

anyone have this issue or can any simulate a similar scenario.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    yes. I have an Altec Lansing BBT903 and had the same problem.
    to the folks that have the MKI9100. Do you regret not getting the 9200 instead? im leaning towards the 9100 but dont want to regret anything. Thanks
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    No regrets at all!!!!! the mki9100 display was not too hard to mount cleanly in my suv...the 9200 display is much larger im not sure where i would have placed it.

P.S. Parrot released 1.40 firmware......so far it works fine with the Pre ( pauses Pandora during a call and starts playing after call is over etc etc )
    Thanks for the input hofs1! Can you please tell me the quality of music using bluetooth. im really interested in a2dp functions. Does pandora, grooveshark, etc works well with it. You also mention voice dialing not working for you. Still have the problem with new firmware? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by namyboyz44; 02/24/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Im rather surprised by the sound i get plenty of bass and decent volume. I mean its a stock car speakers so it is what it is BUT i like it.

No more voice dialing issues since they replaced my blue box. That was a defective unit. i have not retested my lockup issue when another headset is connected to the Pre since new firmware. But im happy with the whole system.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast