Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok folks...here we go. FedEx came by today and brought me the new back cover with the revised cutout for the flash. It looks exactly the same except that the cutout for the flash is slightly bigger. Seidio had posted pics of the new cover in that huge thread about the 2600 battery, so I didn't bother taking pics of it since most of you have seen it already.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty...did it fix the problem?

Old cover:

New cover:

I would answer that with a YES! Good job Seidio. Thanks for listening to our complaints and producing a fix in a timely manner. Anyone that hasn't contacted Seidio about getting the new cover shipped to them free of charge should go ahead and do so.

One other complaint I had was that no one seems to make a leather side case with a hole for the audio jack. Once again, Seidio listened:

Here is the old and new version of the leather case next to each other.

I am happy now!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I wasn't aware of the case. How did you find out that was available. Are they taking a trade-in or what?

I bought the same package you did.

Dave
  3.    #3  
    It just came out. I did bug Seidio customer service about that, so they told me they have one now. I guess they haven't put it on their website yet. Ask them about it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    those fixed have me sold...awesome
    Seidio Innocell 2600 with the NEW REVISED BATTERY BACK COVER rocks, Im now back to using the camera with Evernote

Thank Seidio
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    *Deleted*
    Last edited by gmrpnk21; 09/18/2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Found my answer
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Thank you for alerting me to this!!! All my pictures look HORRIBLE with flash, and now I know who the culprit is. I PM'd Seidio with my info, so hopefully I get my new door soon! This site is by far the most useful smartphone sit I have every used.
    @ Dave did your new one have the "Sedio" imprint on the back, or was it blank with no markings?
    Definitely an improvement, but I have to ask, did Seidio do any picture taking tests with the original rear cover? How could they have overlooked something like that?

Everyone swears by their excellent customer service but in my opinion the best customer service is one you never have to use.

Seidio - "We do it right.....the second or third time!"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DManinColorado View Post
    @ Dave did your new one have the "Sedio" imprint on the back, or was it blank with no markings?
    Since Dave is not around....lol....the new and the old back both have the Seidio imprint on the back.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Definitely an improvement, but I have to ask, did Seidio do any picture taking tests with the original rear cover? How could they have overlooked something like that?

Everyone swears by their excellent customer service but in my opinion the best customer service is one you never have to use.

Seidio - "We do it right.....the second or third time!"
    At a certain point, I think your comments come off as mean spirited. I agree with the main point you are looking to make. I think that applies more to warranties and guarantees. I prefer to not even have to use them. Customer service is different, and still applies to just placing an order at times. Sometimes that can even be the difference of a company that sends you tracking info or a company that says, "Hey, it will be there before next Friday, just wait."

Seidio did do tests. It took them a while to even see what people were talking about. They did post pictures in the original thread. They had a really hard time seeing it. Actually, mine was off, but not as bad as some of them I have seen. I had the same hazy blur, but mine only showed at the bottom left of each picture. I wanted a new one, and got it. But it was so obviously noticeable as some I had seen.

The other part is, they really fixed it quickly and are doing what they can to make it right. If it was a car company, they would try to figure out how many people would die as a result and how much they would lose in lawsuits as opposed to fixing them. There is a certain dollar amount that they prefer to just have a few people die and save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Since Dave is not around....lol....the new and the old back both have the Seidio imprint on the back.

HAHAHA...I think that was really intended for you (Manny) anyway, even though he said Dave.

I did actually receive my new back cover yesterday. Thanks for the fast turnaround for me. I tested it out with a few shots. It is absolutely perfect now.

Also, I think I might have had a minor problem on the original back that sometimes I had to hit the power button a few times to turn on the screen. I feel like the top near the power button is a little thinner or something and it is easier to press the first time.

Another point (and I am really thinking placebo more than fact) is the width of the back.

To others that have the new back, do you think it might be ever so slightly more "aerodynamic"? I think I am probably just wrong, but somehow I really think the angles might be a little more refined. Thought?

The only true difference is that the camera hole is changed and smartly so. They are individual openings for the flash and the lens, where the original is just an open hole in the whole area. Also, the original bottom of that opening barely gave enough room for the bottom of the lens. This cover has a perfectly centered opening and then expands out beyond for a peripheral vision.

Dave
    good job getting Seidio to fix the battery cover, that is the only reason i haven't ordered the new battery yet. Now, you think you can get them to produce the same cover and it works with the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    good job getting Seidio to fix the battery cover, that is the only reason i haven't ordered the new battery yet. Now, you think you can get them to produce the same cover and it works with the touchstone?
    Unlikely:
    Seidio abandons touchstone compatibility for 2600mAh extended battery
    Where can you buy the battery now with the new cover?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesull View Post
    Where can you buy the battery now with the new cover?
    Just order it from Seidio directly, they are great people to deal with.

seidioonline.com
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    are you satisfied with the extended battery life? About how much longer does your pre last with the new battery than it did with the old?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I love the extended battery! I've had it for a few days and actually like the larger size. Also, I can go all day with the phone and not even have to think about worrying that the battery will go dead.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    is this the one that is about $64.95?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The one from Seidio.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvalen85 View Post
    is this the one that is about $64.95?
    That is right around the price I paid. I went right to their own store. If you were to get it from them now, you won't know anything about the discussion "is it the first cover or the revised cover". All of the batteries from Seidio themselves will come with the newer back cover, which does not have any issues (that anyone has found) with the flash and camera. This is what they have said. I receive this newer version cover, and it is nice and doesn't hinder the camera in any way.

It really is about 2.2 times the life of the battery.

I think the difference is that you could really go through and do anything and everything you might want to do with this phone without fearing running out of juice in a given day.

With the OEM, I would have to make sure I charged it before leaving work, or it just might not make it. If it was a light day, i could probably go the next day without a charge in between. I prefer to treat it as a one day battery that I can throw a lot at.

Dave
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast