Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I am pleased to report that the ProClip holder for the Treo 700wx works PERFECTLY with the Palm Pre and Seidio InnoCase. At first, the fit was a tad tight but within a day, it fit perfectly well. The volume buttons and the usb port remain exposed and available. Easy in...easy out...fully secure.

I'm using it with a Seidio windshield mount (gooseneck type). The proclip holder (w/ swivel) attached perfectly to the Seidio mount using two small screws and bolts.

Thought everyone would like to know as there is rumour that the ProClip holder for the Pre will not work if you use the InnoCase or any other similar type outerwear.

A special thanks to gc916 for the tip and helpful feedback which led me to purchase this particular holder in the first place.

Here's the link:

www.proclipusa.com
    thanks for that. I'm still looking at what to do for the car setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhahn View Post
    thanks for that. I'm still looking at what to do for the car setup.
    Cant beat the touchstone in the car. Just slap the Pre on there and it automatically switches to speaker phone / hands free mode.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Cant beat the touchstone in the car. Just slap the Pre on there and it automatically switches to speaker phone / hands free mode.
    Yes, but not all of us are prepared to make alterations to our vehicles to hard wire the touchstone and bolt it down somewhere secure. For me, I still prefer the holder as the most secure option and it keeps the Pre visible exactly where I want it to be.

As a follow-up on this thread, just wanted to let you know that this holder also allows you to slide open the keyboard while the Pre is in its holder! You simply push up on the Pre and expose the keyboard and you now have access to the keyboard!!! The Pre remains fully secure in the holder. In fact, you could leave it like this for the entire drive. Excellent for looking up contacts on the go (at a red light or in a parked position of course!!!!)

I can't say enough good things about this combination. Seriously, ProClip should advertise this. Even their own "custom" holder for the Pre doesn't allow you to use the Pre in both the open and closed position. They have one clip for open and another for closed.

IMHO, this is the best in-car set up.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Mounting a touchstone is not a big deal and definitely doesn't require "alterations" beyond what you do for any other mount. Some cars have a great spot to just stick a touchstone, but most do not, and for those, I recommend that you start with the ProClip. They make their mounts in two parts, a car adapter and a phone adapter. You normally buy both and put them together. However, to mount a touchstone, just buy the car adapter half which has a nice flat plate that the touchstone mounts on very nicely. It looks slick. I did this and so did quite a few others on this forum. Look at the thread for pics of touchstones mounted in cars, and you will see quite a few.

For me, the touchstone is definitely the way to go in the car. No need to open that MicroUSB slot. Just slap it on and you're good to go. (For me, not using the MicroUSB slot is the prime motivator.) This setup works with the keyboard open or closed. And when you're getting out, just grab it and go.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I agree that the ProClip system and touchstone charger is the best option for most. Keep in mind, however, that the vehicle mount is not necessarily the same for all makes and models. For some Honda and Acuras, for instance, the location of the ProClip vehicle mount is entirely inappropriate and interferes with the wiper controls. Unfortunately, I have one of those models where the ProClip mount is not in a good location. The alternative, using a gooseneck mount to the windshield with the Treo 700wx holder, is in some cases the only alternative.
    pics?