1.    #1  
    I have had this happen twice now where during the middle of the night it disconnects from the charger then back on. the last time it did it I made sure it was positioned correctly and it still would not come back on. what could I do?
    If you haven't done a soft reset in a while, that is the first thing to try if anything starts going weird with the Pre. Orange + Sym + R.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I have had this happen twice now where during the middle of the night it disconnects from the charger then back on. the last time it did it I made sure it was positioned correctly and it still would not come back on. what could I do?
    I found that not all cables work correctly with the touchstone. I have one cable that will not work at all with TS but works in the USB slot. I have one that makes the pre go "ding dong - ding dong - ding dong" continually. The one that works all the time is the one that came with the phone.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem last night. Phone had been on the Touchstone but I took it off to go down the hall for a minute. When I came back and set it back on the Touchstone it wouldn't charge. Moved it around to make sure it was sitting correctly but still not charging. Finally I did a reset from the device info page (didn't know about the soft reset until just now) and when it came back on it charged normally.
    this is a known issue.
    it's a problem with the Touchstone base, you need to exchange it for another one.
  6.    #6  
    Its the same cable that I have used since day one, the one that comes with the phone. I do know its only done this twice in the two months i have had the phone(with and without the seideo innocase). The only thing I can tell you is that both times I had the battery cover off and was cleaning the phone out with caned air. I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it does it again I will exchange the TS base.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    this is a known issue.
    it's a problem with the Touchstone base, you need to exchange it for another one.

i exchanged just the battery door and i havent had a problem since. A couple customers of mine had the same issue, swapped battery door and they havent reported and issues either.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    i exchanged just the battery door and i havent had a problem since. A couple customers of mine had the same issue, swapped battery door and they havent reported and issues either.
    Thats what I think always seems to do it after the battery door has been removed.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with my touchstone. I took the base and battery door back to Sprint and got a replacement. No problems since.
  10.    #10  
    what will they do if they can't duplicate the problem? This has only happen two nights the the two months that I have used it.

well I just talked to the sprint store and they said they would have to duplicate the problem, and since its only happen twice I figure whats the point to drive 70 miles for nothing.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 09/10/2009 at 04:02 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Stopped at my sprint store and the just exchanged the TS base and back no questions asked.

A plus side is now my battery cover does not creak when typing on the keyboard.