Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Why does Palm not sell custom covers for the Pre? I would like to have a custom designed touchstone back. For some reason they've already developed them for a phone that won't come out for months, but they never considered doing something like this for existing Pre customers? I don't get it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I think it comes down to marketing demographics. The pre is more of a higher end (corporate type - seen to be / expected to be / assumed to be more mature) user targeted phone while the pixie is youth targeted.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    This is fairly easy to solve, yourself, anyway. Buy some stickers and decorate your Pre exactly how you want it.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nilemann View Post
    I think it comes down to marketing demographics. The pre is more of a higher end (corporate type - seen to be / expected to be / assumed to be more mature) user targeted phone while the pixie is youth targeted.
    Do people believe that designs are ONLY youth oriented? I'm sure Palm could come up with a tasteful design with more subtle colors that would appeal to business people.

My girlfriend is going to get a Pre, and she would probably like something more girly. More to the point, I would just like to tell our phones apart without turning them on.

And, no, I don't want to put stickers on my phone.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is fairly easy to solve, yourself, anyway. Buy some stickers and decorate your Pre exactly how you want it.
    Exactly. It's called vinyl, look online for "skins" or "wraps" for the pre.

I know decalgirl.com has about 30 designs ready to go for the front and back. FYi their wraps do not disable the gesture area, my girlfriends laptop is wrapped and the vinyl goes right over the touchpad and it works perfectly like nothing was even there.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Here's an attractive ADULT wrap

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Personally i like the backs of the pixie designs. Would be cool to see some of those carried over for the pre!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

This one is pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post

This one is pretty cool
    Not gonna lie, that is pretty cool. Though definitely not understated.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yeah a little to flashy for me... I mean I enjoy the slim black device how it is, but sometimes it's nice to have a change. It definitly covers up surface scratchs on the back.

I wonder if they work with the touchstone.. I bet they do as their so thin and the gesture area still works.
    Ooooh...thanks for the tip on that Earth one! Love it!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astronautika View Post
    Ooooh...thanks for the tip on that Earth one! Love it!
    No problem, their vinyl is great to! I have my xbox, wii, ps3 slim, mine and my girlfriends laptops wrapped with their products, never an issue and we get compliments all the time. None on the pre though... but i'm considering it.

Plus I think they can do custom work to... so thats another option since they have the templates.
    Where do I get that earth template again? PM details, looks cool.