Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I must confess I was one of those people waiting on line for the Palm Pre when it came out and bought one of the only two in the store. Unfortunately i was very disappointed with the Pre when it first came out due to lack of proper Exchange support and applications ...........also the battery life was a deal killer. I sold the Pre a few days later on Craigslist and bought a blackberry Bold .........ATT service sucks. Anyway to make a long story short .. after a Bold,Storm,Iphone 3GS, 8900 and Tour I am back to the Pre.

The Exchange issues have been fixed and the home brew applications make it much more attractive but battery life is or was still an issue. Enter the Amzer 2800 mah battery which I ordered last Thursday and just received today. The battery is awesome and only adds a few mm to the overall size. It actually does feel better in the hand and I have nothing but accolades for Palm after getting this battery.

Only issue was the clip holster that I had would not fit so I ordered with the battery a 3m stick tape adhesive back clip that sticks onto the back case permanently and it is awesome. Just like a typical clip case but with no case just a plastic piece that sticks on the back of the pre battery door and a clip that it slides into. I will take some pictures for those who are curious. oh and the price for the clip is like 1.49 no joke.......I think I will order a few more because they work so well.

Anyway hope this helps

I will update with battery life info as I use throughout the week.

Thank you.
    Pictures please!!

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Stupid question but you cannot use touchstone any more right?

This is the only reason I have not bought one. That and I really want the pre touchstone beat clip one of the precentral guys wrote about. As soon as that comes out, if it comes out, I am so there.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Sovvy,

No, the back that comes with the amzer 2800 mAh battery is NOT touchstone compatible.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Pictures would be appreciated. And I don't believe any extended batteries for the Pre will be touchstone compatible.
  6.    #6  
    So I used the battery since 1pm today full steam keeping the screen on almost the whole time. Listening to podcasts and making calls as well as sending texts and it has 30% left which is about the life of the normal battery that comes with the PRE .........so this battery is awesome. See pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is the back glossy or that flat black finish? Also when taking pictures with the flash on, does the flash reflect off the cover and ruin the picture? Last question, is the cover on the back nice and tight like the factory one? Thank you
    Also i notice there is less holes on the Amzer cover ~vs~ the stock cover. How is the sound with the Amzer in comparison?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes2009 View Post
    So I used the battery since 1pm today full steam keeping the screen on almost the whole time. Listening to podcasts and making calls as well as sending texts and it has 30% left which is about the life of the normal battery that comes with the PRE .........so this battery is awesome. See pics below.
    Do you mind if you take higher resolution photos? Would seal a decision for me regarding the Amzer 2800 Pre battery (:
    IMO, It looks much nicer than the Seidio 2600.
  11.    #11  
    Ok so I must say after using this for a few days it is absolutely a must have for the Palm Pre. I used the battery all day today listening to music for about 3 hours and making calls texts etc....... it did get low but what a huge difference it makes.

The smaller battery that comes with the Pre does stay in the pre with the bigger cover on it with no problems . The cover is 100% secure and stays in place with no issues. The phone just feels better in the hand especially with the holster attachment on the back.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I went ahead and bought Amzer's 2800mah battery. I'll probably get it either Monday or Tuesday. So until then, no review or feedback from me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess View Post
    Also i notice there is less holes on the Amzer cover ~vs~ the stock cover. How is the sound with the Amzer in comparison?
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes2009 View Post
    Only issue was the clip holster that I had would not fit so I ordered with the battery a 3m stick tape adhesive back clip that sticks onto the back case permanently and it is awesome.
    Let us know how long before the tape gives out and your Pre hits the ground.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess View Post
    bump
    My order is already shipped. Estimated to be here by Tuesday. I'll definitely let you know. I'm probably going to make a thread dedicated to the Amzer 2800 battery, containing my review and thoughts. I'll also have an estimated comparison overall with the stock battery and the Amzer 2800.
    Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    My order is already shipped. Estimated to be here by Tuesday. I'll definitely let you know. I'm probably going to make a thread dedicated to the Amzer 2800 battery, containing my review and thoughts. I'll also have an estimated comparison overall with the stock battery and the Amzer 2800.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    Where is the cheapest place to buy it?
    Depends if you mind the badging. There's two different labels, Mugen and Amzer. I personally bought the Amzer, as I found that way back when before I discovered Mugen.

I also bought mine for ..about $89? You can find it at fommy.com.
    I lose about 27% an hour with batterymoniter when using the web on my stock battery.

Wat % does the 2800 go down an hour using battey moniter
  19.    #19  
    After an hour you will have about 90 % battery life left if your using the web using evdo and 92% if using wifi.

I have had the battery for a week now and am loving it more every day as it lasts long enough for whatever you throw at it.

I highly recommend this battery if you habe a pre .
    hermes how does it feel in your pocket?

comfortable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast