Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Will any micro usb cable work with my pre?

I was thinking about getting the:

Link Depot 3 ft. USB A/male to Micro USB 5 pin male Model MUSB-3 - Retail

from newegg. (Sorry I can't post links yet)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Yup - monoprice.com's one of the best places to get cabling. I got a handful of different length cables, a USB power adaptor, and 2 USB car adaptors, all for the price of one retail car charger.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It should work just fine, but it may not fit in the touchstone if that matters.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    As stated above the only issue may be with the touchstone. On e-bay I got 2 1150mAh batteries, 1 usb cable, 1 car charger, and 1 wall charger - for $25 and that included shipping.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siogeek View Post
    It should work just fine, but it may not fit in the touchstone if that matters.
    ok cool. is there a reasoning for it?

It shouldn't matter. I want to mount my touchstone in my car ( I have a usb adapter for my headunit, I know lucky me lol ) so I should only need the one that came with the pre.
    I don't think the touchstone will work with usb, I know that it won't work with usb on the computer but have never heard of the car.

Reason some cables wont work with the touchstone is because its to fat to fit but if you trim the sides a little it slips through.
    You actually could use the touchstone with a computer, but you'd need to do one of two things.

a. Plug it into a USB hub with it's own external power source that can put out a full amp.

or

b. Get a little adapter that let's you plug it into two USB ports at once. Yes, there is such a thing and it's for powering high power devices.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    Yup - monoprice.com's one of the best places to get cabling. I got a handful of different length cables, a USB power adaptor, and 2 USB car adaptors, all for the price of one retail car charger.
    +1

mono price has micro USB for about a buck each.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    another vote for monoprice
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You actually could use the touchstone with a computer, but you'd need to do one of two things.

a. Plug it into a USB hub with it's own external power source that can put out a full amp.

or

b. Get a little adapter that let's you plug it into two USB ports at once. Yes, there is such a thing and it's for powering high power devices.
    Now that I know this I might just go get me a touchstone

Can anyone else confirm this?
    For the record, I haven't used one of those power adapters for drawing power from two USB ports with a touchstone, so it will be an experiment if you get one.

I have used them with external harddrives before.

The trouble is that they run $15-$20 so you'd be better off to just buy another ac-power adapter unless you're out of outlets and have a lot of extra USB ports.