View Poll Results: Will you buy Seidios 2600mAh battery despite their drop of touchstone compatibility?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 29.29%
  • No

61 61.62%
  • On the fence..

9 9.09%
  1.    #1  
    Seidio officially announced that they are abandoning research of touchstone compatibility for their Innocell 2600mAh extended battery.

I guess this means for those of you who are still willing to purchase that the yet released Extended Innocase should not be far behind..
    Last edited by dk0r; 09/12/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have heard other companies are working on a replacement doors for touchstone compatibility and extended batteries theier may still be hope...
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I voted no, but not because of the touchstone. But because, I want the shiny back. Amzer will be the one I will get.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I voted yes. I had initially planned on getting it, but was waiting for the touchstone back. I finally couldn't wait any longer. I bought it before they announced they were not going to make one.

So my vote isn't completely fair. But having owned it, I prefer to have the extra juice of the battery with no touchstone back than to have a touchstone back on the standard size battery.

Dave
    You don't have an option for "already bought one!" My suspicion is that very few users really need the Touchstone if they go to a 2600.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Dang...this is disheartening! Since I have a Touchstone, I will not be abandoning that convenience. Guess my search for battery solution continues.
    They probably can't get the owner of the touchstone case design to sell them the rights to make it.

They can make a compatiable design innocase, but probably not the complete touchstone case.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    @MikeBinOK: totally agree. If I bought one of these things I don't care if it gets that fat so why would I care if I have to plug it in?

I would not buy a battery that fattened up my phone but I would get the extendeds that do not so my vote really doesn't matter.
    Well I bought the battery when they said they were making a door for it. I have decided to go back to the OEM battery so I can use my Touchstone...going to stick the 2600 in the glove box for emergencies.....not to happy about that.
    Seidios 2600 battery was the best purchase for my Pre.
    I can actually go somewhere with out a charger..............
    I had found that with more days used the OEM got much stronger...still I'm looking into getting a 1350 from Seido or the 1400 from their competitors.
  12.    #12  
    SeidioSeidio voted yes..
    Not certain it can get much tackier!
    Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    SeidioSeidio voted yes..
    Not certain it can get much tackier!
    I wonder if he/she even has a Pre?

Although I suppose it will work in the Centro & Treo 800w.
    Well since Seidio has abandoned this project...I have picked up where they left off, I make Seidios 2600 Battery and Back Touchstone Compatible, check out the links in my signature!
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html