1.    #1  
    I really need a bluetooth headset that can also support streaming audio. So the choice is Plantronics 855 between the above two.

However, I spend a lot of time outside. Just wondering if 855 has the ability to suppress wind noise (windsmart technology that 510 has). How is the voice quality for the person listening at the other end in a noisy outside environment? Also, does 855 can support multiple bluetooth devices like 510? I have two cell phones that I need to switch back and forth. Essentially does
    855 support two independent cell phones (pre and sanyo) as well as streaming audio from pre?

Your input is very much appreciated. Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Is there any other bluetooth stereo headset that does the above and is better than both plantronics 510 and 855. Thanks
    I don't really understand why you are comparing these two headsets. The 510 isn't a stereo headset so why compare it to the 855?

To put it another way, if you try to listen to music with the 855 without the other ear bud plugged in it sounds like crap and you can barely hear it.

I think the first choice you need to make is if you want a stereo headset or not, then compare stereo headsets.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    I don't really understand why you are comparing these two headsets. The 510 isn't a stereo headset so why compare it to the 855?

To put it another way, if you try to listen to music with the 855 without the other ear bud plugged in it sounds like crap and you can barely hear it.

I think the first choice you need to make is if you want a stereo headset or not, then compare stereo headsets.
    The reason I comparing it to 510 is because of the effect of wind. I am outside most of the time. Suppressing wind and surrounding noise is very important. If i have to tradeoff, I will have to tradeoff music capability (even though i really want it). I don't want to use the detachable cable (for stereo effect). If without this cable, the music quality (mono) is bad, then I don't want 855. what other bluetooth headsets I can use with pre with the above requirements? thanks
    Agreed, don't get the 855 if you don't plan to use the stereo ear bud. It's an average headset, otherwise.

There are lots of great Bluetooth headsets...when I was researching the Jawbone ones got great reviews. Try here:

Best Bluetooth headsets - CNET Reviews
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Agreed, don't get the 855 if you don't plan to use the stereo ear bud. It's an average headset, otherwise.

There are lots of great Bluetooth headsets...when I was researching the Jawbone ones got great reviews. Try here:

Best Bluetooth headsets - CNET Reviews
    Thanks for the information