Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I hate to be a pain but would anyone who has the case mind measuring so I can tell exactly how much bulk this case adds to the phone? My phone is always in my purse so I don't care about pockets much, but I like having a cute little phone. Haha.
    Another vote for this case. Dropped the Pre in O'Hare airport on tile floor. It bounced & slid - the case flew off in 2 pieces, but didn't break. Everyone around me cringed... but Pre is fine.

It's not as slippery as the Pre either - the touchstone indentation in the back and the cut out for the USB give you something to hang onto (although you couldn't tell by the above mentioned incident.)

I don't have any trouble opening the USB cover, and my nails aren't long at all.

With case it's 2.5" wide, 3/4" deep & just shy of 4" long. I keep mine in my purse, and it fits fine - and the purse is small.
    I have had this case for about 4 months and have loved it until now. It fixed the oreo effect that I had without a doubt, which was a huge annoyance to me.

But within this past week mine has stopped charging on the touchstone. It doesn’t make complete contact with it. You can watch the “charging battery” icon keep recycling over and over at the bottom of the screen. I have taken the case off numerous times to try to reposition it in there, but it’s not working. When I look at the indentation part of the case it looks like it may be a bit warped now. I am wondering if this is from the slight warmth that the touchstone and battery create when charging that has caused the plastic to start warping.

And I called the Sprint store earlier this morning to ask them if I could exchange it for a new one. I was told that the case is made to work with the touchstone and that they could not exchange it for me after 4 months. He said there must be something wrong with my battery or my touchstone for it not to be working. Well…that is total BS! Because it worked up until recently with the case on, AND if I take the case off it charged absolutely fine!

I’m not asking for my money back, I just want it exchanged! You would think they would stand behind their product a bit more considering they are charging an inflated price of $30 for it!
    A similar thing happens with mine--it works for a while on the touchstone, but after it warms up for a while, I think the case expands slightly, increasing the space between the Pre and the TS, so it stops charging.
    I just got mine today. I use the Touchstone in my truck and this case doesn't hold it secure enough to keep it from falling off. I just took a dremel tool and cut out the indentation where the Touchstone goes and its perfect. If that part of the back gets scratched up, it can always be replaced. :-)
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Got mine today and love it so far. I can't decide which cover to paint. The red is so-so, and I'm not really a chrome kind of guy. Decisions, decisions.......
    wow,i have sprint but I'm glad I bought the verizon one,,with the cut out in the sweet spot it never worked better w the ts then it does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    wow,i have sprint but I'm glad I bought the verizon one,,with the cut out in the sweet spot it never worked better w the ts then it does now.
    Can you post the link to the Verizon one? I haven't seen it.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Verizon case

Right now I'm using the back plate from the Verizon case with the red Sprint front piece, painted black.
    The Verizon website is deceptive. It shows the Sprint-style back, but the one you pick up in the store has the cutout like the stock AGF case. It looks weird, but the hole lines up perfectly with the Touchstone, so it locks it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Any chance that this

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../4A24A5871.htm

would work with the sprint case? the design of the holster seems to allow some flexibility, I am worried about the sides. I bought this with the matching seidio case. I am debating to send the both back or keep the holster and just send the case back. The tabs are way to brittle. But im hoping the sprint case will slip into this . Thoughts?
    I have one it works perfect.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    The Verizon website is deceptive. It shows the Sprint-style back, but the one you pick up in the store has the cutout like the stock AGF case. It looks weird, but the hole lines up perfectly with the Touchstone, so it locks it on.
    Right, the one I bought from the web site also has a cutout in the back plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    I have one it works perfect.

Fred
    Is that in reference to me Fred?
    I got my Pre case directly from the people who make it AGFindings (AGF). The case they sell on their site is slightly different. It is slimmer and from the photos I've seen at the beginning of the post, the back piece is cut out on their version (Looks like a mutant Mickey, lol) - their copy also reads "new slimmer design".

here is the case - they must have gotten a new shipment - it was out of stock. Seems to be a very popular item!

Apparently I can't post links yet...
    BUT if you google: Palm Pre Plus GRT Case
    or
    Palm Pre GRT Case

it should be the first item.
    AGF Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Still waiting to purchase this case until we can figure out what holster it will snap into! It appears to have indented areas on it like the radio shack holster/case, but I haven't been able to find what it will clip into. I don't want a "pouch" holster, but one like what all the nextel phones used to come with!
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the sprint version, verizon one or the one listed on the AGF website besides price? The color doesn't really matter to me. I'm looking to minimize the oreo effect my phone has. Thanks
    The AGF website says new slimmer design? I don't have a touchstone so i would like a solid back on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfreak View Post
    Any chance that this

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../4A24A5871.htm

would work with the sprint case? the design of the holster seems to allow some flexibility, I am worried about the sides. I bought this with the matching seidio case. I am debating to send the both back or keep the holster and just send the case back. The tabs are way to brittle. But im hoping the sprint case will slip into this . Thoughts?
    I have both products and they do not work together. Sorry
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the sprint version, verizon one or the one listed on the AGF website besides price? The color doesn't really matter to me. I'm looking to minimize the oreo effect my phone has. Thanks
    The AGF website says new slimmer design? I don't have a touchstone so i would like a solid back on it.
    Just got the AGF version - it does seem slimmer than the Sprint version. It comes with two backs - one has the cutout for the touchstone, and the other one is solid. I prefer it to the Sprint version - I recommend it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    Just got the AGF version - it does seem slimmer than the Sprint version. It comes with two backs - one has the cutout for the touchstone, and the other one is solid. I prefer it to the Sprint version - I recommend it.
    I have the radio shack holster but the little tabs on the case broke-off. I wonder if anyone has the "slim" version of the AGF case and if it fits in any of these other holsters.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast