Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    WHat type of paint did you use. I tried this on a previous case and it didnt come out well. A tip on the paint type and where ya purchased it would be greatly apprecited. I can test on the red one as i would never carry around a red phone.

Quote Originally Posted by toddpsyd View Post
    I really didnt like the chrome at all, and the red was worse, so I painted the red faceplate with black spray paint (for plastic) and it looks great and has not chipped or anything. Give it a try if you want!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I used Krylon (for plastic) spray paint (gloss black, but I imagine flat black would look good too) that I got at home depot. After spraying with 2 coats I let it sit for 24 hours to dry well and then handeled it minimally for a day or 2. I think the can says its a few days to completely "cure" on the plastic.

I had the same thought about the red plastic, so I didnt mind if I messed it up
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I like it - how much was it? That looks kinda sexy. Might have to pick one up!
    The chrome version is not bad . I thought I would hate it but I actually like it. I got the spray pain but with the tempeture here around 25 degrees I might wait for a warm weekend to paint the red case so I can leave it outdoors for a few days to dry. So far its a great case. My only issue is that its hard to open the case with one hand . I hope it loosens up after a few weeks.
    I had to use my battery in my Pre as a 3-D prop at school and it probably took me 5 minutes just to get the case off. Bit ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpsyd View Post
    I used Krylon (for plastic) spray paint (gloss black, but I imagine flat black would look good too) that I got at home depot. After spraying with 2 coats I let it sit for 24 hours to dry well and then handeled it minimally for a day or 2. I think the can says its a few days to completely "cure" on the plastic.

I had the same thought about the red plastic, so I didnt mind if I messed it up
    I also used the Krylon Fusion but mine chipped off. I don't know if I did a great job on the spray paint. I did about 3 coats with an hour in between coats, I left it for a week before I used it.

Not sure I did the best job on spray painting it though, may have laid it on too thick???
    After reading this thread, I went out and got the same case yesterday! I like it a lot! It's a keeper! I prefer the red, since it matches my red convertible Bimmer! :-)) The chrome just looks cheap, I wish black was available. As others already pointed out, I find it hard to impossible to open the USB port for charging with the case on. Fortunately, the case is easy to come off. I have noticed that in one day's time, it's gotten a little easier to slide the opener. But it's easier to slide up, and takes a little more effort to slide it back down though. Hopefully, this will get easier over time. I hope the new Palm Pre Plus won't obsolete this new case!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I just had the first test of this case - dropped the phone straight down on the sidewalk. It's also in a microfiber pouch. The bottom edge of the case now has a little ding. The impact caused one side of the case to slightly separate from the other - it popped right back in and still works perfectly. The case took all of the impact. The phone is still absolutely perfect. One great thing about this case is that it snaps to itself and not the phone. I have to think this provides more protection than hard cases that snap directly to the phone. Anyway, thanks to everyone who recommended this. I'm very glad to have this case.
    I bought this case w/o knowing anything about it...and was pleasantly surprised. The feature I like best about it is the indentation in the back making it easy to place the Pre correctly on the Touchstone. I had all but stopped using my Touchstone charger because I only could place it correctly 50% of the time...now I'm back to using the Touchstone and have bought a second one for work!

I dropped my Pre on a hard floor with this case, and both parts of the case flew off, but I think the case still absorbed the majority of the impact.
    I may get the sprint case, but really want something that will work with my soon-to-be car mounted Touchstone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just got the hard cover from Sprint. I love it so far. I think I will have the Red Plate painted to a color of my choice.

Oero is fixed.

It is tight to open keyboard but that may loosen over time.

I don't care about it feeling a little bigger.

I did read on another thread that someone dremeled out the outline of the touchstone so that the actual back cover was touching the Touchstone.

I will see how good that works before going that far.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

the two grooves on the bottom and one on top looks to me like sprint or whoever made this case might intend on putting out a holster for it, has anyone seen one out there?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Looks horrible imo.
    1. Hard to open but a trade off for how SOLID it feels.
    2. How the hell do you get the usb port open? I haven't been able to pry it open.
    3. Which holster is compatible with this?

4. Does anyone else notice the the screen "wiggles" on the edges when opening the pre? The exact area is the top right edge of the screen. I left my messaging app open with the screen on and when I opened the pre, the screen wiggled a little. I'm assuming the case is putting pressure on the screen and the pressure is relieved when that part of the case comes off the rail. Will this damage the Pre? I have a Phantom Skinz protector on, maybe it's too tight.
    Last edited by ho0lee0h; 02/06/2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Noticed something else
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    bought this today, love it. Makes the pre fell like a tank. Huge improvement. Works great on my touchstone and the one at the store I tested it on.
    I don't even bother with the USB port any more. You probably have to take the case off to get to the USB port.
    You just need to slide the keyboard open, then it is pretty easy to open the USB door.
    Can anyone help me find a seller who can/would ship this case to Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    Can anyone help me find a seller who can/would ship this case to Canada?
    i have an extra one lying around, unopened in package. ill mail it to you for a small donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    I don't even bother with the USB port any more. You probably have to take the case off to get to the USB port.
    I agree, I find it pretty much impossible to open the USB port with the case on. I simply use my Touchstone to charge. If I really need to open the USB port to transfer files, I take off the case first. It's a pain at first, but I've figured out how to take out the case now. You need to slide the case slightly upwards to a certain point (not all the way), then pop open the top part of the case. After the top part comes off, then take off the bottom part.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast