Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    What kind of paint I should use so that the paint won't come off?
    Krylon Fusion paint is designed to bond to plastic and it works great. You should be able to pick it up at any home improvement store or car parts store or even Walmart. I have used it for tons of stuff with no complaints but I have yet to use it to paint a cell phone case.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I actually only went to pay my bill and to get a second car charger... Ended up paying the bill and went home with a second car charger, a touchstone (with the special back) and the phone cover. All for less than 90.00 , so it was quite a great deal. Had to exchange the covers because the first one would not charge on the touchstone, the second one is charging just fine. I don't really like the tightness... Hopefully that will loosen up fast because the screen kinda flashes when I slide the phone open. Having the thinner second generation ghost armor on the front still does not help I guess. But the rail system does eliminate the oreo effect. Sizewise it did not add that much either, and that coming from me that wants everything as small as possible... Wish there was a better color but for this Christmas the red is not bad. Don't like the silver one at all... Makes it look like a bb... No offense to bb lovers...
    Last edited by gwyneth; 11/03/2009 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDramaMama View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a full skin on their phone and used this case? I have a full body Phantom Skinz on mine (don't have Touchstone). I have quite a bit of oreo and I think this might be the way to go for me.
    I have a full Phantom Skinz on mine and use the case. Still works fine though I have to open the slider with 2 hands. I am not sure if that's the case for others who have the case without the skin on. It doesn't bother me though as I kind of like having to use two hands - it makes me less likely to drop it trying to perform a "cool one-handed case slide"
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Picked up this case yesterday and so far I'm liking it. The added size isnt bad and like so many have said, the phone just "feels" so much sturdier. Also agree that the chrome and red frontplates are kinda ugly. I think I will be spray painting one of them black as others have done. Overall a good case though!
    I bought one of the Sprint cases when I bought my phone and took it back the next day..Makes the phone look cheap.I bought a Body Glove and love it.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    Krylon Fusion paint is designed to bond to plastic and it works great. You should be able to pick it up at any home improvement store or car parts store or even Walmart. I have used it for tons of stuff with no complaints but I have yet to use it to paint a cell phone case.
    I can't seem to get the Krylon Fusion paint to "cure" on the faceplate. It worked great for other plastics, but the sprint case is giving me trouble. It has been 4 days and it is still a bit "tacky" and if I rub hard enough the paint will come off.
    I like the Sprint case better than the Innocase.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I can't seem to get the Krylon Fusion paint to "cure" on the faceplate. It worked great for other plastics, but the sprint case is giving me trouble. It has been 4 days and it is still a bit "tacky" and if I rub hard enough the paint will come off.
    try sanding the faceplate with fine sandpaper. May help.
    Sprint case is the best case out. Hands down.
  10. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Is anyone having any trouble with the Sprint case falling off the phone if you drop your phone? It doesn't exactly protect the phone...I dropped my phone a few times with the case on and it just came apart and I still got scratches on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Is anyone having any trouble with the Sprint case falling off the phone if you drop your phone? It doesn't exactly protect the phone...I dropped my phone a few times with the case on and it just came apart and I still got scratches on my Pre.
    I dropped mine onto blacktop from about four feet while running the other day and the slider opened but the case stayed on. Luckily in dropped flat on its back and skidded to a stop. After all that there is only small scratches on the cover. This case is definitely worth the $$.
    It came off once for me when I dropped it, other times not. I think it depends on how and where it lands. The Sprint case protects somewhat better than the Innocase, but it's not perfect by any means.
    Just put this case on my "new" remanufactured Pre. Yeah, it's kind of ugly. But it's solid, easy to put on and works perfectly on all three touchstones. It's kind of a pain to remove, though. I tested it out on the broken phone that is being sent to Assurian. It reduced the wobble on the power button, and there is zero wobble on the phone. It seems like a great case. Hopefully they'll come out with a black cover at some point.
    I have the same set up (invis shield front and the case). Its pretty good, only setback IMO is it makes pulling out the slider a litter bothersome.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    my findings after having both seidio innocase and this sprint case:

Innocase - was great feel, and made easy to slide open, BUT I felt due to the reduction of contact patch at base of phone, this case amplified the phones chance to oreo a little when opening or pulling from my pocket. WHich by the way, the texture made it a bit troublesome to pull from jean pockets. I think a drop would still effect phone as the case fits very tight

Sprint case - Bulky, but in a good way for me. Slider not that tight. Feels VERY solid. I think due to size, the case would be damaged in a fall, BUT save the phone. Also nice is that this one works with thicker screen films

Hands down, the sprint case is my choice. THE innocase goes on ebay very soon
    Last edited by Tomeygun; 01/01/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    I've had the Sprint case on for over a week now. This is really, really good. It is solid. The slider isn't that hard to use. There is no wobble on the phone at all - zero oreo effect.

I'm using it with a Boxwave Crystal Touch screen protector and that is a great combo. I carry it in a jacket pocket, inside a microfiber pouch that you can pick up at a T-mobile stor for $7.00. Thus there is no lint around the edges. The phone usually sits by my desk all day or its in the jacket pocket. Took the case off after a week and there were no marks on the phone.

It's very easy to put on. taking it off is a little tricker, but the good thing is that the case snaps to itself, not the phone. So when you take it off you aren't putting any pressure on the phone. A guy put up a nice video showing how to install/remove the case. His review and the video can be found here Review – Official Sprint Palm Pre Cover tatethatcher.com

It works perfectly on all three of my Touchstones. I got mine from the guy selling them on ebay for $14.95; the link is posted on an earlier page in this thread. He's very good and ships it fast.
    I'm getting my hands on mine tomorrow - I can't wait, as my pre's oreo seems to have worsened in the past 2 weeks
    Just got the case to replace my broken innocase and I like it. It works perfectly with the touchstone so thats a big plus and its a decent case. Is it great no but its good. I wish they had it in black but otherwise a good case.
    I like mine. It is the only hard case I have tried for the Pre so far that actually fits the device like it was made for it. You actually place the phone inside the bottom half of the case, and the top part just snaps on. I do wish there was a better color selection and a holster option.
    Last edited by Aaron Tee; 01/04/2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I really didnt like the chrome at all, and the red was worse, so I painted the red faceplate with black spray paint (for plastic) and it looks great and has not chipped or anything. Give it a try if you want!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast