Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Well I had posted a question about cases, but this thread has answered my questions. Thanks!
    Well I had posted a question about cases, but this thread has answered my questions. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Lol! Thanks. Bought one from this seller today.
    I too have this case and I love it. I really like how it makes the phone feel solid. I have not had a problem yet with using the touchstone charger with it. Does anyone know if the is in fact a holster this case is compatible with?
    Quote Originally Posted by gotthelife4u View Post
    I too have this case and I love it. I really like how it makes the phone feel solid. I have not had a problem yet with using the touchstone charger with it. Does anyone know if the is in fact a holster this case is compatible with?
    May sound kinda stupid. I was looking for the same thing. I just took one of my old digital camera cases for the time being! I only use it when Im at work. Its a leather. Fits just right. I would like one made for this case with a slip case. Or something like it! Oh well we can only wonder and hope for!
    Just got this case yesterday and it rocks, made the phone feel more solid. It all so looks as if there may be a holster for this case because of the notches on the bottom and the notch on the top.
    Can you buy this online? Not on ebay?
    It's not on the sprint website.
    I just got mine from sprint. This is my third case so far. The first was the body glove, loved it! Not too much bulk and felt good in my hands. Then I got the black/chrome one from handhelditems because I got mirrored screen protectors and though it would look really good. But that case felt cheap but still looked good. But then I got the touchstone and the case didn't work (as expected). Then I tried the body glove case and it didn't work either (as expected). So I modded the case with a 2 1/4 inch hole saw and drill. It worked but made the case look hideous. I knew it was goona happen but I had to try.

So now bring me to my new Sprint branded hard case...

It's way too bulky for my smallish hands, it feels like a tank but it's still usefull. It works perfectly with the TS but is a little loose and if touched ever so slightly, it will fall off. The chrome outer ring is NOT all that bad, especially when paired with a mirrored screen protector. So the only gripe I have really is the thickness but I will get used to it. I'm sure though over time, seidio or others will come out with a case with the same principle and specs as this one, but will look and feel much better. Time will only tell.
    Anyone have this case and the Seidio case too that can do a side by side comparison?
    id like to know as well
    Quote Originally Posted by gotthelife4u View Post
    thats weird i dunno if maybe the back of my case is a little thicker then others or if for some reason my touchstone just has a weak connection but i cant get it to charge at all ??
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
    thats weird i dunno if maybe the back of my case is a little thicker then others or if for some reason my touchstone just has a weak connection but i cant get it to charge at all ??
    i just got mine w/ premier discount...hope it works w/ touchstone when i get home...i like it!
    btw it comes w/ a black back, and both chrome and red front covers.

EDIT: the phone cover works great on the touchstone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 09/26/2009 at 09:28 PM.
    New Poster Here,
    I went to the Sprint store in Deptford, NJ Friday Night, Sept 25 around 7pm to have my Pre looked at. The earpiece stopped working, could only converse in speakerphone mode, and the Pre would randomly start new cards while using the phone. One instance, I was on speakerphone, the phone on the table in front of me, when the contact info for the person I was calling suddenly popped up. Anyway, another reason why I had gone in was because of the 'oreo effect'. I had the phone approx 3 weeks, knowing about this effect, and doing everything I could to be gentle with the phone opening and closing it. I took the phone in, pointed everything out, and was told the oreo effect is normal, and happens to almost every phone. I did not like hearing that at all.....sort of soured the whole experience. I ended up getting a replacement phone because of the earpiece failure, another common problem the techs say.....while there, the woman showed me this case...I was hesitant, because of the price, and because there were a few cases here on precentral.net I was interested in. Suffice to say, after I snapped the case on, and noticed the guide rails built in, I was extremely happy. I went for the case because I was waiting to have a nasty drop with this phone, and since I had gotten a second chance, I didn't want to screw it up. Yes, it is a more expensive case, or overpriced....but when weighed against the oreo effect, and how annoying that effect is when held to ones ear while on a call....it's a small price to pay. I hope they do more to increase the color selection, maybe make the back in chrome, that would be nice....anyway....I think the cost outweighs the oreo effect by a longshot...imho....even the extra bulk is tolerable...in my hands, the phone does not feel so small and I am not afraid of using or losing it.
    agreed...just bought the case...at first seemed a little bulky, but after texting and emailing on it, i love it...much easier to type ( i am a guy) and hold onto. Also, the added bulk allows for the buttons to have bigger spackes to be more accessible, and the phone feels like you could chuck it across the room and it'd be fine...the rails are an awesome idea...NO OREO AT ALL...feels like a whole new phone...trust me, i was hesitant, but it really is the best case ive tried...i think its the best case ive had for any phone that i've owned
    being paranoid about dropping my pre (even with the case), i keep it in this padded side-load UNZ-2 case by Case Logic ($7.99 @ Amazon)...perfect fit...easy to remove the pre...and will protect the phone if i chuck it across the room...lol...ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 09/29/2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add specs for case
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I bought this case from the ebay seller mentioned for $20 delivered. I've had it on for only a couple of hours and its taking some getting used to. It definitely takes more effort to slide the keyboard out--could be a good/bad thing depending on the person.

added width
    added weight

Dislikes:
    buttons are harder to access, especially from the front
    added thickness (they could have designed this case to be wide for the rails and still remain thin but they chose to make the case bulky overall)
    Touchstone cutout is too obvious
    general aesthetics follow function, not form

I'm getting the Innocase after a couple of weeks to compare.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Just picked one of these up at the Sprint store in Exton Square Mall in Exton, Pennsylvania for $14.95. I like it a lot so far, but I agree I really wish it came with a black front.

The thickness is no worse than my former iPhone/Mophie Juicepack Air combo. I like how rigid the phone becomes. It's a little hard to use the outer keys on the keyboard but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I bought it from that eBay seller. Man, that guy ships FAST!! About 3 days and I had it in my hand.

I like the case, a lot! It pretty much eliminates oreo effect, even if you already have it -- it has it's own rails. Yeah, the effort to open .. little more, but it feels much more solid that way.

Thumbs up!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    Here's mine after spraying the silver with black paint. Looks better to me.

wow that looks a million times better, I gotta do the same thing to mine.

oh, mine hardly works with the touchstone, sometimes I can get it to charge for a fer seconds before it *dings* over and over, cant keep a constant connection.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast