Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    I personally think the cover is hideous. Thats just me though. I own it. I wish it would have came in a more neutral color. Black maybe? The red is ugly and the silver makes my Pre look like a space ship...
    Found something else interesting. I have 2 Touchstones -- the home one is powered by the Palm A/C adapter that came with the Pre, while the office one is powered by a Seidio A/C adapter. (The Seidio adapter is rated for the same amount of power as the Palm one.) With the case on, the TS connected to the Palm adapter charges reliably. However, with the case on, the Pre dings constantly when I place it on the TS connected to the Seidio adapter. I've swapped the Touchstones back and forth with the same result, so my guess is that the Seidio adapter isn't providing full power to the TS. Just an observation.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    So I just bought this case. It is pretty bulky, but it slides in and out of my pocket a lot better than my old innocase did. It also makes the phone feel very sturdy and solid. Its biggest flaw so far is that the usb cover is very difficult to get open. For reference, below are some pictures of the packaging (assuming I did it right...).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So, as designed, it's made to keep in your pocket? Does anyone know if there's a holster or side case that can accomodate the increase in size?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilderback View Post
    So, as designed, it's made to keep in your pocket? Does anyone know if there's a holster or side case that can accomodate the increase in size?
    I went and picked one up on my lunch break. Definitely is a nice sturdy piece and I do not mind at all the little extra effort it takes to get the pre open. No more twisting...no more having to constantly worry about sitting the phone down somewhere it could get scratched. If you already have a front overlay then this is probably the most solid way to protect and use your pre. They did design the case to be used with a holster. There are two tab catches on the bottom (closest to the home button) and a large tab catch on the top. I carry it in my pocket though, and it's still MUCH smaller than my old treo 700p.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilderback View Post
    I've been carrying mine in my front left pants pocket, as usual, and it doesn't stick out too badly, unless you've got some fairly tight dress pants or you're an Emo-tight jeans wearer!
    Quote Originally Posted by krohde View Post
    Agreed - it isn't the slimmest or the most attractive, but it makes the phone feel rock solid and that was the most important thing to me.
    well... then it doesn't really matter what we think, does it? if it suits your taste, then go for it.

but since you asked: I vote fugly.

the only flattering image imho in that link posted is the last one...

the others are too garish, I prefer the Zen-like austerity of a nude Pre, or one with invisible skin alone. more protection for me while traveling comes in the form of the touchstone compatible innocase

and BTW... anyone that buys a quality case and has to break their Pre to get it off needs to go back and practice with legos first
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I picked this case up today (23 dollars for sprint premiere people). I personally am very happy with this case. No side to side movement, very tight, and it feels very sturdy. Before I was worried about smooshing it in my pocket. The extra bulk so far has not bothered me at all. This is like the third case I tried (I know cheap E-bay crap) and this is the only one that fits right and seems to protect the phone. Those rails are a great idea.
    Great case- I enjoy mine.. I am using the red one...
    figured i post up my reply from the other thread

i registered for this site just to give my opinion and let everyone know about this case.
    -it does make the pre a little beefier but it's not that bad and at least i don't feel like such a pansy holding such a small phone.

-i hated the chrome at first but it grows on you real quick. i will probably be painting it or using black vinyl on it anyway though. it does come with two faces (red and chrome) so you can afford to mess one up.

-it does make using the outside buttons a little tougher but the only one i use often is the power. you could sand a little bit off near the power button to make it easier to push. the qwerty buttons on the outside of the keyboard are a tiny bit harder to use but it's still not bad at all and im not into typing essays on it.

-i finally feel like the phone is safe and the fact the sliding channels outside are brilliant.

-also there are provisions on this shell case by agf that are there for a shell case holster/clip. you can tell from the indentation on the botton and the top left. i'm trying to find out if they will produce it. they did one for the storm shell case i believe as well.

-last but not least...as stated on the packing from sprint it's touchstone compatible. only problem is it's not a strong magnetic connection but it still sits and chargers. what i would recommend which is what i will be doing it dremeling or cutting out the circle indent part for where the touchstone docks in order for it to just touch the touchstone back plate directly. and better yet you will still get to see that beautiful palm emblem on the back of your phone again.

hope this helps.
    Any thoughts on how well this will protect the phone from impacts versus a rubberized cover? I think I need to get over to a Sprint store and check this out. Can anyone share the part number?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer View Post
    Any thoughts on how well this will protect the phone from impacts versus a rubberized cover? I think I need to get over to a Sprint store and check this out. Can anyone share the part number?

Thanks!
    I'm not exactly sure which number on the packaging is the part number...but 400225B seems like a good candidate.

As for its protective qualities, I had the case pop off after a short drop onto carpet. In the event of a drop I think that most of the impact will be transferred to the case and not the phone, causing it to pop off. At this point the Pre my clatter around a little bit where ever it was dropped, but it should survive relatively unscathed.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Here's mine after spraying the silver with black paint. Looks better to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice ifalcon that looks sharp.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I used a flat black paint and it matches the back cover perfectly. This will hold me over until something else comes along.
    I went to the local sprint store! I saw the display and I fell in love with the case design! Its what I have been looking for all this time! I never had an oreo phone but now I don't need to worry about it! Sadly I'm at work atm and I cant post any pictures yet. I will post some later! I do recommend it to anyone whos looking for a new or just getting the phone. Plus if you didn't like it you could just bring it back to the local store rather than have to send it.

Nice that one has the black front cover! Iam currently using the red one. I didn't get a black one sadly . Still a slick case!
    No, the eBay description is the same. It just has the chrome and red front covers. The back cover is black.