1.    #1  
    So all of us enjoying the pre with all of the homebrews music apps such as music(remixed), shout, and net2stream. all are very cool apps. You can play it out loud through the pre's speaker or you can plug it into your home or car stereo. But hey, what about bluetooth? Some us have Bluetooth (without the wires) if you're working and doing labor intensive work you want to keep music to stream directly in your ears, no wires attached -how about that?
    Music plays just fine on my bluetooth stereo headset. Is your bluetooth item an Earpiece or stereo headset????
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Music plays just fine on my bluetooth stereo headset. Is your bluetooth item an Earpiece or stereo headset????
    how would I know..? It takes and receives calls from the phone app no issues there.. but doesn't work with music app or any such apps that plays audio (ex.youtube) I call it an ear piece because it fits right in my ear so I'm hands free on the road at all times..
    If your headset (stereo or the single-ear type) is A2DP-ready then it will accept the audio stream from your Pre. Not all headsets are A2DP capable.
  5.    #6  
    man that sucks should be an app that acts like a phone app except only routing audio to the headset no matter what kind of bluetooth.. ad2p or not.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    The different profiles are designed for different purposes, so although someone might be able to route the audio to the HFP or HSP, you'd be limited to the sound quality limit of those profiles. The HFP and HSP were designed for voice communication, just like a telephone line is, so even if it worked it would be lower quality than some people might expect.

Looking at the specs on Wikipedia, as an example, an average 192 kbps MP3 would have to get transcoded down to a mono, voice-optimized 64kbps stream, before it could be sent to the HSP. You might say you'd live with it, but I can see why no developer has stepped forward to make it happen yet.
    I have the Jawbone Prime and I was literally thinking the same thing last night as I was using the Sprint Navigator app and thought "I really wish the speaker volume could be louder". I guess the Jawbone is not ad2p compatible. :-(
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    The different profiles are designed for different purposes, so although someone might be able to route the audio to the HFP or HSP, you'd be limited to the sound quality limit of those profiles. The HFP and HSP were designed for voice communication, just like a telephone line is, so even if it worked it would be lower quality than some people might expect.

Looking at the specs on Wikipedia, as an example, an average 192 kbps MP3 would have to get transcoded down to a mono, voice-optimized 64kbps stream, before it could be sent to the HSP. You might say you'd live with it, but I can see why no developer has stepped forward to make it happen yet.
    i dont have a stereo bluetooth. I have an earpiece. btw this isnt just for music but for future apps like skype or any voip app it Im pretty sure it will not come through my earpiece if it isn't a phone.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    This is a doable thing, WinMo has had a little homebrew hack called BTAudioOn for years that would redirect the speakers to the BT hands free profile.

You just run the app, and it toggles the speakers to the BT stack, and run the companion program BTAudioOff and toggle it back off.

If it can be done in WinMo, I confident that it can be done on a Linux box.