Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just got my Touchstone and I absolutely love the back cover that came with it. It feels so much better and the extra weight makes the device feel much nicer.

    Is there a front panel with the same rough material that the back cover is made of I can get somewhere? The smooth, plastic on the front now looks and feel awful.
  2. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #2  
    The Seidio Innocase has a similar feel to it and it works with the TS. I suppose you could just use the front cover but then it wouldn't look balanced.
  3. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I just got my Touchstone and I absolutely love the back cover that came with it. It feels so much better and the extra weight makes the device feel much nicer.

    Is there a front panel with the same rough material that the back cover is made of I can get somewhere? The smooth, plastic on the front now looks and feel awful.
    There is no such thing as a front cover. There are cases, of course, but since you're concerned about aesthetics, I'm sure you wouldn't want a "front-only" cover since then the front would be larger than the back.

    Best is to get a full case that's compatible with the Touchstone (not all are). This will cover the back you have now, however.
  4. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Best is to get a full case that's compatible with the Touchstone (not all are). This will cover the back you have now, however.
    Where can I find such a case?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Where can I find such a case?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...g-awesome.html
  6. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #6  
    That one looks very ugly and bulky. I just want the exact same case as the standard one, but made of different material. Does one exist?
  7. #7  
    what do you mean by "standard one"? there is no standard case that comes with the phone, just the pouch...

    the innocase is as unbulky and form fitting as they get. it has that texture you're looking for, covers the front and back, thin, adds very very little bulk and works with the touchstone.
  8. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #8  
    I guess, "case" is the wrong word. I'm talking about the current shell on the device. Like the shell that was replaced when I got my Touchstone on the back. I'm looking for something similar but for the front part of the phone.
  9. #9  
    hmmm... sorry, but what you're looking for doesn't exist. the only reason the rear cover is replaceable is because its just a replacement battery cover door. the front is non-replaceable.

    Even if the front popped off, the front is also the touchscreen, so I don't know how you would want the front as a different texture. I can't imagine any other material the front could be made of that wouldn't be a glossy material. if the front was made of the same material as the touchstone back cover, you wouldn't have a screen?
  10. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    If the front was made of the same material as the touchstone back cover, you wouldn't have a screen?
    Well, obviously I'm just talking about the outer casing. But yeah, I see what you mean. Since, for that to work, it would have to replace the screen as well.

    Oh well.
  11. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Well, obviously I'm just talking about the outer casing. But yeah, I see what you mean. Since, for that to work, it would have to replace the screen as well.

    Oh well.
    Yes, if you really did want the front to look like the back, then the front's textured area would need to end where the actual screen and gesture area begins. Which kind of defeats what you want, since you want everything to be textured. That would be bad for the screen or the gesture area.

    However, you might be a candidate for a stick-on skin/shield. While some hate them for their looks and feel, you might find that one, properly installed on the front and back, gives you a more consistent look and feel? It still wouldn't be exactly the same, but it might be better.

    Personally, I have a Touchstone back and a BestSkinsEver (BSE) skin on the front. When I'm using the Pre, I can't see the back or the side, so I have no idea that the front and back don't match. And anyone standing a foot away from me (as they should!) has no idea.

    In other words, it'll only bother you if you're intentionally looking closely at the device.

    If you problem, however, is that you simply don't like a glossy front, you might try using sandpaper. It will void your warranty, but...

Posting Permissions