1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a case/protector to meet the following requirements -
    1. I don't use the touch stone, so I'm not worried about inductive charging
    2. I DO use the usb port alot, for file transfer (adding removing music) and charging
    3. I don't mind an add to bulk if it in turn supports the slider.
    4. If I'm going to ditch the cozy that came with the Pre, I'd like something that will keep the screen safe from keys, change, etc in my pocket.

I've been mulling through various postings and haven't been able to come to a decision on what direction to go - any ideas?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    You're going to get many opinions, I'm sure. However, there's a more basic question you need to answer: why do you want a case?

Do you want a case to keep your Pre safe while in your pocket (you say this in #4), only? Do you want something so that your Pre will not break if you drop it while using it?

In other words, are you looking to add an (always on) cover? Or a storage case (like the "cozy" that came with it, but nicer)?

Or are you looking for a holster? Something to attach to your belt?
  3.    #3  
    You're going to get many opinions, I'm sure. However, there's a more basic question you need to answer: why do you want a case?

Do you want a case to keep your Pre safe while in your pocket (you say this in #4), only? Do you want something so that your Pre will not break if you drop it while using it?

In other words, are you looking to add an (always on) cover? Or a storage case (like the "cozy" that came with it, but nicer)?

Or are you looking for a holster? Something to attach to your belt?

Great questions! Hopefully this will help narrow things down.

I'm absolutely not a belt pouch sort of guy.
    I'd like to keep the screen cleaner and would like to add some protection and bolster the slide mechanism (which it seems like a few of the case do).

I'd be willing to do a combination of case + screen cover, but it doesn't look like the cases that are out there play well with the better reviewed covers (ones that don't add bubbles, weird shine, fit poorly).