1.    #1  
    So my PC's BT adaptor supports PAN, and it lists the PRE as a connection option, but the Pre doesn't show that profile and all attemptes at connections fail...

Has anyone successfully gotten this working for things like file transfers on DoubleTwist, etc.?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Did you have this feature enabled by Sprint?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bd5times View Post
    Did you have this feature enabled by Sprint?
    This is a BT feature and not a Sprint DUN/Tethering feature... I want to send files to the hone (media, documents, etc.) over BT which, I believe, can be done via PAN with other phones...
    Lee Ladisky
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    This is a BT feature and not a Sprint DUN/Tethering feature... I want to send files to the hone (media, documents, etc.) over BT which, I believe, can be done via PAN with other phones...
    True, this is a BT feature. However, it is a NAP which is essentially a gateway to the internet.

You can use the Mass Storage mode to copy data onto the device if you want to move data from your laptop.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bd5times View Post
    True, this is a BT feature. However, it is a NAP which is essentially a gateway to the internet.

You can use the Mass Storage mode to copy data onto the device if you want to move data from your laptop.
    Yes, but the latter requires a hardwire connect, and I'm trying to simplify... I cannot believe Palm makes the engineering efforts to reduce the number of cables vis a vie the Touchstone, but then makes us cable up to do media sync - seems like an oxymoron.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Yes, but the latter requires a hardwire connect, and I'm trying to simplify... I cannot believe Palm makes the engineering efforts to reduce the number of cables vis a vie the Touchstone, but then makes us cable up to do media sync - seems like an oxymoron.

Lee
    Try "My Tether" over in homebrew.