1.    #1  
    After a couple weeks using the little pocket pouch included with the Pre, I have really started to like it. However, I am a little concerned about damaging the screen, etc... from leaning forward against something. I have been looking at the Vaja ivolution Deco and it seems like it might be a somewhat tougher alternative for pocket carry. There doesn't seem to be much feedback for these and someone posted that the fit is too tight especially with Phantom Skinz on the front and a Touchstone back. A video review would be perfect but other users opinions would be appreciated as well. For those that ordered direct from Vaja, is shipping included in their prices and is anyone aware of any promotions or codes available to take the "sting" off the price tag?
    Thanks!
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    After a couple weeks using the little pocket pouch included with the Pre, I have really started to like it. However, I am a little concerned about damaging the screen, etc... from leaning forward against something. I have been looking at the Vaja ivolution Deco and it seems like it might be a somewhat tougher alternative for pocket carry. There doesn't seem to be much feedback for these and someone posted that the fit is too tight especially with Phantom Skinz on the front and a Touchstone back. A video review would be perfect but other users opinions would be appreciated as well. For those that ordered direct from Vaja, is shipping included in their prices and is anyone aware of any promotions or codes available to take the "sting" off the price tag?
    Thanks!
    Bob
    "spoilme" I believe still works as 10% off and the price does not include shipping.

I have have a B.S.E. skin (more stickier than the Phatomz) with the touch stone backing, and after a while (broken in), its not that bad removing the pre and installing. I no longer have any problems and its still holding up great.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick response! So from your experience would you say the Vaja offers much better protection against bumps, sweat, etc... while in the pocket vs the little cloth case that came with the Pre? I am probably being a bit too analytical but $70.00 is a lot for a case! I purchased a Seidio holster from a local seller (cheap) and I hardly use it because it doesn't really protect the phone against things like rain, dust and bumps and the possibility of the spring loaded latch catching on something makes me a bit paranoid.
    The only thing I can say about Vaja, from my experience with a couple of their cases on my Treo, is that the process they use to dye (color) their leather can cause the color to rub off after a while. Maybe they've changed things but I found myself trying to protect the Vaja case almost as much as I tried protecting the Treo! People posted about this on TreoCentral.com.

Also, you mentioned sweat and I don't know how good that'll go with the leather.
  5.    #5  
    PaST. I just realized that it was your reviews that I had read. Very informative and well done. My choice of the Phantom Skinz was made in part, on your review and was the perfect choice! I had it installed (front only) here in Arizona at a kiosk owned in part by the PS owners son and a partner and it is truely flawless. Very happy and impressed by the material, the application and their professionalism. Originally I was looking for a leather case with a belt clip like the Seidio holster but everyone (even the premium case makers) are still using the 1970 style leather over bent metal type clips that seem to pop off when you least expect it. Does anyone have experience with the Vaja Rivet clip you can get with the Pre case? I was wondering how secure it would be over just the waistband (without a belt) of a pair of shorts. We're still at 110 degrees here in AZ!
    Thanks
    Bob
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    that is one hot case.... i wonder if it can be found on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    PaST. I just realized that it was your reviews that I had read. Very informative and well done. My choice of the Phantom Skinz was made in part, on your review and was the perfect choice! I had it installed (front only) here in Arizona at a kiosk owned in part by the PS owners son and a partner and it is truely flawless. Very happy and impressed by the material, the application and their professionalism. Originally I was looking for a leather case with a belt clip like the Seidio holster but everyone (even the premium case makers) are still using the 1970 style leather over bent metal type clips that seem to pop off when you least expect it. Does anyone have experience with the Vaja Rivet clip you can get with the Pre case? I was wondering how secure it would be over just the waistband (without a belt) of a pair of shorts. We're still at 110 degrees here in AZ!
    Thanks
    Bob
    I would say that the case is thick enough for a good beating, if you know how to take care of it, cleaning whatever you spill on it should not be of a problem. I do think that this case does take a little bit more tender care then others. If you seen Jeff80's case, it looks pretty sturdy with its clip

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...a-pouch-2.html

I fully agree on its price tag being too steep but I wanted something I can put in my pocket with added protection compared to that of the original sack it came with, also, I love having stuff that many others don't have. If your gonna bash the case around and expect it to look good, I wouldn't recommend getting the case.

I would recommend something like

http://store.precentral.net/smartpho...4A132A5729.htm

or

http://store.precentral.net/smartpho.../4A25A5541.htm
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I have the full body invisible shield and the bottom started to peel a lil bit because of the tight fit. Now i really feel like removing the shield and leaving my pre naked.