Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I've seen listings for Sprint car chargers on eBay at comparatively low prices. Are these really legit or just cheap knock-offs? And if legit, where are these guys getting the chargers that they can sell so cheaply?
    Most people don't recommend the Sprint charger for the Pre. For some peoples Pre's they do not work at all, mine happens too. But if I were to do it again, I would not buy the Sprint version. There is a thread on compatible car chargers, my next one will be the Palm one because of size and versatility, (and it works with the Touchstone).
    The eBay items work great. Bought one that works a lot better than the Pre car charger because it puts out a full 1000 va and that's more than enough to power the touchstone.

see: http: // cgi.ebay.com/FOR-SPRINT-PALM-PRE-USB-CABLE-AC-WALL-CAR-CHARGER_W0QQitemZ320389001421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item4a98ac30cd&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14#ht_3403wt_1107

for one exceptionally good deal.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Check the marketplace forum here on precentral, trim81 is selling them for 10$ shipped. I have one, works great, and with touchstone
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    There are 39000 threads about those already. Many by people that replaced them because they do not meet the specs for the Pre and have issues.