1.    #1  
    so just about every week we have a new car dropped off at our studio for us to review. and just about every car these days comes equipped with some sort of hands free blue tooth interface. however they are not all created equal. by far the easiest to use is fords sync system. you get in connect the pre, sync automatically downloads your contacts, and away you go. you can even stream a2dp (i love me some pandora on long road trips) and sync even handles the voice dialing, without having to give each contact a tag like you do with gm's system.

pre + sync = happy camper!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yah it's pretty sweet, I updated my Sync to 3.0 and you can get traffic advisories through your phone too. Playing music sounds very good, and I love that I can do voice dialing AND IT WORKS unlike in the Toyotas where it gets what you say wrong half the time. Only thing it doesn't do, at least yet, is text messaging (Yah Sync can do text messaging).

All and all I am pretty happy with it in my Fusion. Drop the phone on the touch stone, do calls or music wirelessly... And it just works. Props to Microsoft for getting this one right, hehehe.
    Yea, I am not a huge fan of Ford (just never got along with their vehicles) but I have to admit, they did an AWESOME job on their Sync. I am around new GMs, Ford, imports etc. all day long, and Ford really has everyone beat as far as radios and the color changing interior lights :-D. The newer Fords also have the USB/Aux input, plus conveniently placed power ports just about anywhere you would hook up a cell/mp3 player etc. to Sync.

I am not a huge fan of the menu system, it's kind of a pain to get the AD2P music streaming until you get the hang of it, but AWESOME system. Bluetooth sound quality is pretty good too, almost as good as running an aux cable to the GM radios, and I am sure the AUX port in the Ford is just as good.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Oh yah can't forget the usb port. Haven't used the aux port but I love that it has usb. A friend brought his mp3 player and plugged it in and it just worked. Was able to shuffle through his playlist from the steering wheel and everything.