Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've noticed that there are a lot o extended batteries available but I want to use the touchstone so I'm really limited to OEM sized batteries. I know there's a 1400mAh battery. But is that the highest they go in OEM size?
    I believe 1400mah is the highest within OEM size.

For those that bought extended battery. Do you prefer the Seidio 1350mah or Amzer 1400mah?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    That's too bad. I really wanted to use the touch stone. I guess I;m going with the 1400mAh one then.
    I bet the difference between a 1350 and 1400 is like splitting hairs. You probably won't see a discernable difference.

As far as I know, Seidio is working on a Touchstone compatible back for their 2600 battery, but no idea when it will come out. If you ask me, the 2600 battery almost makes the touchstone obsolete, because you will only charge your battery once a day, at least that's how it works out for me. Most days I go to bed and put the phone on the charger with around 50 to 60% power left. And knowing that they are working on a touchstone compatible version of the back cover, there really is no need to wait any longer, just order the cover when it becomes available. I'd double check with them though to make sure they are really developing one.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Well apparently the 50mAh difference means 2-3 extra hours. I don't want to add bulk to the device when I can get through the day with the one battery that doesn't bulk up the phone too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    Well apparently the 50mAh difference means 2-3 extra hours. I don't want to add bulk to the device when I can get through the day with the one battery that doesn't bulk up the phone too much.
    how do you figure? 2-3 extra hours doesn't seem right
    This signature for rent
    L33t Masta,

With whatever 3rd party battery you decide to get, make sure you do a google search on it. Looking at all the mobile threads that I look at, I've seen a lot of complaints about junk batteries. Some 3rd party batteries work great and others fail miserably.
    Last edited by palandri; 08/30/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    I can see an addition 2 to 3 hours going from the stock to either the 1350 or the 1400, but not just by going from a 1350 to a 1400. Also, to some extend those mAh ratings are like horsepower ratings on cars, sometimes taken under different conditions.

Either way, those batteries might get you through a day now, but what are you going to do when the flood of cool apps we have all been waiting for finally shows up? You are going to be busy playing with all of those, and all of a sudden those batteries no longer make it through the day!
    Let's just hope palm gets the CPU scaling right with the next update and hopefully the 1400 battery will last longer. I know Palm will come down with the CPU scaling. This phone is running way to much and to fast for some of the common applications.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    CPU scaling is something we can do with a patch right now.