Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I currently own three Touchstones. I have one at my office, one for the vehicle and one on my nightstand.

My suggestion is to have a unique identifier for the Touchstone that the Pre will recognize much like a laptop hardware profile.
    Then have the Touchstone (or hardware) profile with configuration settings to run an application when you place your Pre on it.

Examples of use: I go to the office and when I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it starts a application that is a slideshow for my pictures. Then, I have to go make a service call and when I place my Pre on the Touchstone in the vehicle, it automatically starts Sprint Navigation or Google Maps applications for GPS.
    Finally, after a long day, I go to bed and when I place my Pre on the Touchstone, it starts Pandora in the background and the Clock App in the foreground that I also use for my alarm clock.

The Clock App would need to be modified to stay on during low light conditions to suit my needs.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I'm not exactly sure, but it seems like my touchstones behave differently and I was wondering if they had some kind of RFID tag incorporated into them. At home, my phone goes into clock mode when I leave it on the touchstone, but the one on my desk at work seems to keep the phone awake many times. Maybe I'm just going nuts, but you're right that it would be a useful feature if the phone could detect which touchstone it was connected to and configure itself accordingly.....
    [QUOTE=mccmike;1854836]I currently own three Touchstones. I have one at my office, one for the vehicle and one on my nightstand.QUOTE]

If i could ask you a question - the vehicle touchstone - do you have your touchstone plugged into 110v or run off the car charger. I was reading to not use the touchstone with anything other than 110v? - thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    vreihen - I'm pretty sure that what you are experiencing is when you are in a low light area, the Pre goes into a mode where only the clock appears at the top of the screen and the unlock slider at the bottom. I have started the clock app and left it running, and it does what I expected in a lighted area, but in a low light condition, it reverts to the default.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    hotncold68 - I had not read that, maybe I just overlooked it. What I found is that not just any charger, whether car or home charger will work with the Touchstone. I believe that the Touchstone requires the 5 volts but it also requires 1 amp. Not all charges have an output of 1 amp. When I used the Sprint marketed car charger, it worked. However, I believe that it had an output of .85 amp. To answer your question, I use the car charger marketed by Sprint.
    Thanks - I will pick up the Sprint brand charger and try that - I like the idea of the touchstone in the car. Thanks for the quick reply as well. Take care