1.    #1  
    Do any of the bluetooth headsets out there share a charging cable with the Pre? I've never owned a headset, but am spending more time on the road, and it's time to get one. I'm considering the Sound ID sm200 (from Costco); not sure what charger it uses, but it looks good otherwise. Any other suggestions?
    Yeah me too i was thinking same thing. Another option with the charging would be a usb charger if your using the palm pre charger you could charge your bluetooth headset through the usb cable also.
  3.    #3  
    After doing a bit more googling, it sounds like micro-USB is becoming the standard for cell phone charging. (about freakin' time we got some standardization!)

From wikipedia:

The Micro-USB connector was announced by the USB-IF on January 4, 2007[15] and the Mini-A and Mini-AB USB connectors were deprecated at the same time. As of February 2009[update], many currently available devices and cables still use Mini plugs, but the newer Micro connectors are being widely adopted. The thinner micro connectors are intended to replace the Mini plugs in new devices including smartphones and personal digital assistants. The Micro plug design is rated for 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles which is significantly more than the Mini plug design.[citation needed] The Universal Serial Bus Micro-USB Cables and Connectors Specification details the mechanical characteristics of Micro-A plugs, Micro-AB receptacles, and Micro-B plugs and receptacles, along with a Standard-A receptacle to Micro-A plug adapter.

The cellular phone carrier group, Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP), have recently endorsed micro-USB as the standard connector for data and power on mobile devices.[16] These include various types of battery chargers, allowing Micro-USB to be the single external cable link needed by some devices. As of January 30, 2009 Micro-USB has been accepted by almost all cell phone manufacturers as the standard charging port (including Apple, Motorola, Nokia, LG, RIM, Samsung, Sony Ericsson) in the EU and most of the world. Worldwide conversion to the new cellphone charging standard is expected to be completed between 2010 to 2012.

Anyway, perhaps there's hope that the BT headsets are heading the same direction. It would be great to be able to use the same USB cable. I couldn't find anything on the SoundID website that says what kind of charger it uses.
    Many use USB mini and mini to micro adaptors are available for Pre charging.
    Backbeat 906 from Altec Lansing is a quality product and charges via micro USB. Check it out.
    I picked up a Motorola H-715 BT headset from COSTCO for $50(ish) and it works great.
    Good sound quality on both ends and this includes both a AC charger and a Car charger. The charger ends are microUSB just like the Pre.

Another neat advantage is the "QUICK CONNECT" option, in otherwords the headset is powered off until you flip open the microphone it will then power up and connect the call. So when your phone rings, pull the headset out of your pocket and flip open the mic and then put it to your ear and about that time the call will be connected.