1.    #1  
    Does the speed of charging depend on how you are charging it? Does the Pre charge slower with the touchstone? Or is it slower if it is plugged into your computer instead of the wall?

In Canada and just picked one up today and am playing with it while touchstone plugged into my laptop and it doesn't seem to be gaining much charge (though not losing any either)
  2.    #2  
    Still interested in the original question but the reason it wasn't charging is because I don't think the touchstone works when it is plugged into the computer.
    I know for a fact that the USB to computer method is much slower than the wall charger. Probably has to do with the fact that usb has a current limit of 500 milliamps.
    This is a good question. I'd like to know too.
    According to Palm, you shouldn't use the touchstone with a USB connection, only with the AC adapter. I believe the induction charging requires more power, and even with a direct connection USB charging is a lot slower. I am not sure if trying it could cause any damage, but I wouldn't want to find out.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    This adapter allows my pre to fast-charge (from a 1000mah usb plug..)

Palm Pre Amzer® Handy Converter Mini-USB connector to Micro USB Charger-4436

-mark
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    sad to say that the regular charger cable WITHOUT the touchstone charges much much faster than the touchstone. almost twice as fast actually. granted the touchstone is amazing and simple, the conveinence equals less power transfer than the direct cable charge.